used to be uno-speedo....

Sequoia National Forest/Park

Thinking of making the journey up to Sequoia.

We are thinking of taking the bikes, has anyone ridden up there? What are the good trails?

Something to bear in mind is I'm going with my beginner girlfriend so nothing to adventurous please.

Cheers.

Old Enough to Know Better
    Jan 2004

Where in Sequoia NF?

My family used to camp at Hume Lake, tucked back behind Grant's Grove, etc. There's a nice NF campground with good access to the lake. Haven't been there in 5 or 6 years.

Not a lot of singletrack around there. There's a good beginner ride that heads out northeast-ish from the est end of the dam...Most of the other stuff tends to be stepp fire roads (from beginner viewpoint) out-n-backs. There's some 4WD trails around there as well...I never did find any really GOOD trails though, unless you want to try poaching in the Park.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uno-speedo
    Thinking of making the journey up to Sequoia.

We are thinking of taking the bikes, has anyone ridden up there? What are the good trails?

Something to bear in mind is I'm going with my beginner girlfriend so nothing to adventurous please.

Cheers.
    We've camped in Kernville for years. I've done the Cannell Trail from Sherman Pass, the Just Outstanding Trail from Shirley Meadows and the Whiskey Flat trail. I did all of these thanks to my lovely wife who dropped me off at the top of each of these trails several times. Perhaps your girlfriend could provide this service as well because none of these trails are for beginners. Just Outstanding comes the closest as does the last section of Whiskey Flat from the southern trailhead at the end of Burlando rd. in Kernville to Bull Run creek which is about a mile one way.