mtbr member
    Apr 2007

SDMBA Ride & Burritos at Mission Trails Regional Park

Thursday, July 17th. Rides start at 6 pm. Food and drink at 7:30 pm.

Join us for our third 2008 Quarterly Gathering.

Join SDMBA at 6 pm for an intermediate guided ride and a beginners/family/too tired guided ride leaving at 6:15 pm followed by burritos provided by Chipotle, La Mesa, at 7:30 pm. Refreshments from Stone Brewery. Look for us in the lobby and patio. Space rental provided by donations from Zumwalt's Bicycle Centers, La Mesa.

Meet at the Visitors Center at Mission Trail Regional Park (One Father Junipero Serra Trail) ready to ride at 6 pm for the intermediate ride. Beginners/family/too tired guided ride leaves at 6:15 pm.

RSVP to Everett

Join your friends, meet new friends, ride, eat, drink and repeat with SDMBA.

I <3 Dirt

You mean this Chipotle?

That's really cool of Stone/Zumwalt's and Chipotle, but I'm kind of surprised the La Mesa Chipotle is still in business after all of the Hep A scares.Yikes

On a more serious note, is the family ride going to be on trails that are wide enough for bike trailers or do you happen to know which trails the family ride will be held on?

Thanks for putting this together.

Welcome to the Gem...
    just moved to SD... might have to show up to this one!
    2008 JabberWocky
    Chubs... Carbon... Good...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Great! I plan on joining in on this ride...question - is that side of Mission Trails suitable for single-speeds?

I rode MTRP on the Tierrasanta side once and all the hilly fireroads killed me...Thanks.

mtbr member
    I'll be there. Same time and location as my normal after-work ride. This time I'll get fed at the end of the ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I am going!

REALLY?
    did someone say burritos? mmmmmmm
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    sounds great, I'm gonna try real hard to make this

Front Range, Colorado
    Glad to hear the burritos are being consumed "after" the ride and not before. A good way to keep Mission Trails a secret and not detected from certain scents billowing out of the area.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Where is the parking area going to be. Don't they close the gates at 7:00pm.

mtbr member
    If there's an evening event at the visitors center, the gates for that lot usually stay open until the event ends. So my guess is that we'll be able to use the visitor's center lot.

mtbr member

Parking information

Here's the official skinny on the parking situation for this event...

All,
    Park in the regular lot by the VC. The gate on the right side will be closed but the left side will be open for us. The lot has video surveillance and we will have the services of a security guard, who will most likely stay in the building. You will not be locked in. There will be a MTRP Foundation meeting that evening, also, so we will be sharing the lot.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Just wanna be the first to say thank you to everyone involved in organizing this event. I had a blast riding with the intermediate group.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozer27
    Just wanna be the first to say thank you to everyone involved in organizing this event. I had a blast riding with the intermediate group.
    Any pictures?

I <3 Dirt

Thanks

We had a great time at the event and thanks to a minor route change by ride leader Brian I pulled the trailer without any issues. Thanks for putting on a great event!

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by mealsonwheels
    We had a great time at the event and thanks to a minor route change by ride leader Brian I pulled the trailer without any issues. Thanks for putting on a great event!
    Ryan,

What bike do you ride? I was sweeping Tom S's ride. I was the guy checking out all the bikes as we ate. Suspicious looking bald, ahem shaved head, guy riding a Black Turner RFX.

tom

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Ryan,

What bike do you ride? I was sweeping Tom S's ride. I was the guy checking out all the bikes as we ate. Suspicious looking bald, ahem shaved head, guy riding a Black Turner RFX.

tom
    I have a black Bullit and as far as I know I was the only one pulling a trailer.

I was sitting near the railing and close to the food...mealsonwheels...with my 3 year old son in the intimidating hulk T-shirt. I've seen pics of you before and I figured as a fellow Santuckian you'd attend but I didn't see you there. OT, but have you ridden Cowles in the past week or two?

i can't type the letter s
    I missed the hulk shirt but I did see the trailer. I was hangin' with the female contingent pretty close to you overlooking the valley. Yea, I ride CM in pretty regularly from Mesa/Big Rock. PM me to ride secret stash!

tom

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    I missed the hulk shirt but I did see the trailer. I was hangin' with the female contingent pretty close to you overlooking the valley. Yea, I ride CM in pretty regularly from Mesa/Big Rock. PM me to ride secret stash!

tom
    PM sent.

I asked about Cowles because I just noticed a sign on Tuesday at the Big Rock park trailhead asking mtn bikers to slow down. I believe it said the trail was conditionally open to mtn bikers or something like that.