mtbr member

SDMBA-GP "Intro to DH" Skills Clinic: Sat June 15 Lake Hodges

SDMBA-GP "Intro to DH" Skills Clinic
    Saturday, June 15th, 8:30AM to 1PM

Are you looking to take your bike handling skills to the next level? Do you want to feel more confident on the bike? Do you want to know how to tackle more aggressive terrain? Are you looking to learn the tips and tricks in navigating and overcoming obstacles, such as jumps and drops, on the trail?

San Diego Mountain Biking Association and Gravity Pirates are putting together a skills clinic that will teach you the skills you need to feel more comfortable and confident when descending more aggressive terrain. Don't worry, we won't put you on a downhill trail and say, 'Good luck!' nor is a DH bike needed. We will provide you with a safe environment to learn and apply your newly learned skills.

Open to all!! There will be separate groups for men, women, and children so bring the whole family!

Details can be found at the clinic https://www.facebook.com/events/368871793233702/

RSVPís/Questions to events@sdmba.com

If youíre interested in volunteering for or sponsoring the event, please email events@sdmba.com. Thanks!

Over the Hill
    Nor sure yet if I can make it, but thanks for posting this and thanks to the SDMBA.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Will you teach the art of pulling aside on the trail if approached from the rear?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pcemkr View Post
    Will you teach the art of pulling aside on the trail if approached from the rear?
    There is still no cure for stupidity......

mtbr member
    what is the cost of the program?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Not trying to be an ass, just hoping that trail etiquette is taught as well as basic dh skills. I would hate to be this guy and its my last run of the day.

http://youtu.be/HmH6lTTFwAU

Over the Hill
    One usually doesn't know that someone is approaching from the rear until they get to you. By that time, the approaching party, if like you, already has an attitude even if the ahead rider is willing to move over.

climber
    Quote Originally Posted by pcemkr View Post
    Not trying to be an ass, just hoping that trail etiquette is taught as well as basic dh skills. I would hate to be this guy and its my last run of the day.

Cruiser trail to Miracle Mile. - YouTube
    Hey dude,

Thanks a lot man!! That was my first down hill run in a bike park ever!! That video is priceless. After watching it, I realize how slow I was compared to a pro like you. I see how I was having tunnel vision and using my brakes way too much.

I'm really surprised you didn't open your mouth and use words to communicate that you wanted to pass me. Because there were other people that did pass or asked to pass and I pulled over.

Sorry I can't really understand your last sentence about the last run of the day. I saw you ride over to the #2 Lift after you did a power slide kicking up gravel on me and my bike. Is that the proper trail etiquette at the end of a run??

Hopefully we can meet up there face to face and you can give me some tips on the art of being a super cool down-hill mountain biker and I can give you some tips on just being cool.

Thanks again for the video though. I really am stoked to have my first run on a trail like that to use as a training video.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

That vid wasn't me man, so chill out. I just happened to see that vid shortly before this post was created and commented as tongue in cheek to the OP since he is a guy I know and have ridden with. Sorry if any offense was given, I apologize, sincerely.