29er Hater

SD riders: Feedback wanted - Gatos Ravine Trail

Feedback wanted - Gatos Ravine Trail

If you haven't ridden Gatos Ravine in the last 2 weeks there are some new features, these new features are permanent & well built, not a pile of rotten wood. If you get the chance to ride it this weekend please let me know here what you think...

mark@sdmba.com
    Shuttle Noble? Hell No!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecklermark View Post

If you haven't ridden Gatos Ravine in the last 2 weeks there are some new features, these new features are permanent & well built, not a pile of rotten wood. If you get the chance to ride it this weekend please let me know here what you think...

mark@sdmba.com
    I saw them last weekend. They look great! Good work! I'm headed up there this Sunday, if things work out, and I'm mos' def' gonna hit that nice new flat log ride.

Thanks for your efforts on that trail, Mark. I hope you can get those Horses Not Advised signs back up, too...Lemme know if you need a hand. I got a BOB.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Thanks, Mark! We probably won't have a chance to get down there until next month, but we'll be looking forward to it.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    The Poker ride is next weekend. Looks like I will need to stop by and hit Gatos after the ride.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

Boulder chucker
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecklermark View Post

mark@sdmba.com
    Saw the latest additions on Saturday. Much improved! All the way around the building is similar to what I've seen up in the PNW. Solid. Everyone in the group had a good time messing around on them.

Like another poster mentioned, I'd like to talk to the ranger during the upcoming trail work day up there about getting that trail designated as bike only. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but it's always going to be a "no" if the question is never asked.

TCB
    mtbr member
    Although I am not into skinnies/wood stunts, more into DH runs with chunk, jumps and burns, the new stunts do look well built.
    Any chance of having more Jumps, nothing big but jumps with some good flow.

and it would be nice to see less Horses on that trail.
    Last edited by TCB; 10-09-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    "No matter where you go there you are" BUCKAROO BANZAI

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Haven't been up there in awhile. But, thanks Mark, your efforts are appreciated!
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

BMF
    Oct 2007
    I rode up there while you guys were out building. Most of the logs rides and piles were already finished and I rode them on the way down. They are sweet - I really like having features like that and appreciate the effort that went into it. Muchas Gracias!

mtbr member
    Just in case anyone didnt know Trail day this saturday 10/13 9am at Gatos Ravine! Check out the new and improved features and help with a reroute that replaces a blown out fall line section of trail with double the amount of ST while still maintaing the fun factor. For more info check out the SDMBA Forum! San Diego Mountain Biking Association • View topic - TRAIL RE-ROUTE - GATOS RAVINE TRAIL, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Where is the trail?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It's off the Sunrise Hwy. ~ 1 hr. east of San Diego. Easiest access is from the end of the Wooded Hills turn off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    We rode it today... Fantastic work. Thanks for the hard work. Although I am a bit squeamish about the logs, the others I was with had huge grins at the end of the reroute. Thanks!