JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Saturday Sullivan to Will Rogers

Some pics from our ride this AM. Left from Venice and rode along the beach, up to Amalfi, across Bent Arrow, past the Hub and back down Will Rogers. The dirt is super-tacky and the trails are all perfect.

Ran into two MTBR riders we hadn't met before and had a great mellow ride. Lots of chatting and riding slow through the mist. Too bad there isn't a good coffee shop by the Hub.

JMH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ich bin ein Knolliner
    Hey J...nice to meet you and C out on the trail today. Great conditions, great company. Very impressive work on the fully rigid SS's. Hope to see you all out there again sometime.

By the way, the trail we took to finish the ride is in great shape too. You might have to give it a go on your suspension fork bike.

J

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Will do...

Likewise! As soon as I get Chuky outfitted with a more appropriate rig I want to do that trail again, also want to ride tunnel et.al... We will definitely keep in touch since we ride by your place all the time.

Here are the photos of Hummingbird I mentioned...

Hummingbird/Rocky Peak

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by Skins
    Hey J...nice to meet you and C out on the trail today. Great conditions, great company. Very impressive work on the fully rigid SS's. Hope to see you all out there again sometime.

By the way, the trail we took to finish the ride is in great shape too. You might have to give it a go on your suspension fork bike.

J

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004

yeah that sounds like them

Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Ran into two MTBR riders we hadn't met before and had a great mellow ride. Lots of chatting and riding slow through the mist.

JMH
    JMH, you nailed it on the head about those two Chatty Cathy's...all talk, no ride.

tep

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Ran into two MTBR riders we hadn't met before and had a great mellow ride. Lots of chatting and riding slow through the mist. Too bad there isn't a good coffee shop by the Hub.

JMH
    Maybe it was mellow for you, but I distinctly remember working my butt off on the hills.

Tep, you didn't miss anything. (unless you enjoy riding in perfect conditions on dirt that rides like velcro, then you probably missed out. )

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s
    Tep, you didn't miss anything. (unless you enjoy riding in perfect conditions on dirt that rides like velcro, then you probably missed out. )
    I'm going out today after work, can you make it?

Nothing like used, second-hand velcro

later,
    tep