I don't huck.
    Jun 2005

Saturday on Sawmill Mtn.

Escaped the heat of the valleys and headed to the backcountry of the Angeles Forest, Saugus district.

More pics at the blog, ya know. 10 mile climb, 3100' gain, 20 mile loop. The poppies are livin' large in the Antelope Valley near the poppy preserve. I could see large patches of orange from the top of Sawmill.

Very nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

18 years old
    Feb 2005
    Very cool panoramic picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    ...it's just that when I'm wondering what things are like head tube, seat post, cranks, flux capacitor, SS, FS, hardtail...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Cool pics! Give me a heads up next time you ride up here and I'll join you. This is the best time of year to ride up there! I rode a loop around the Poppy Reserve today and was surprised by how brilliant the floweres are still despite no rain for about 3 weeks. The amazing thing for the Antelope Valley today was no wind!

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog
    Cool pics! Give me a heads up next time you ride up here and I'll join you. This is the best time of year to ride up there! I rode a loop around the Poppy Reserve today and was surprised by how brilliant the floweres are still despite no rain for about 3 weeks. The amazing thing for the Antelope Valley today was no wind!

No wind? I am surprised. It was fairly breezy up there on the mountain.

Drop me a PM with your email and I will let ya know the next time I head up there. I actually have something big (well, kinda big) planned in that area in May.
    Blog Ramblings

Glad to Be Alive
    wow a lot of green for that area...nice pics
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    wow a lot of green for that area...nice pics

It was not that green everywhere, but this one little spot under the pines was like a garden. there was a lot of snow up there this year and I bet this spot held snow for quite a while.
    Blog Ramblings