Thread: SART Conditons?

[paste title here]

SART Conditons?

Anyone ridden SART lately. A couple of us are planning to ride out there this sun and just wanted to know if anyone knew the trail conditions. Also this is our first time there so how easy is it to get to the parking area to the trail head. If anyone wants to come along with us and show us around that would be cool also.

BTW, if I park up there do I need to pick up and adventure pass?

Thanks
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

mtbr member

The trail is in great condition

I was up there 2 weeks ago and the trail was in great condition. We rode the section from the Angles Oaks Post Office to East Fork camp. This is the most popular section to ride. The trail is actually much longer and, from what I have heard, this may not even be the best section. I might be able to join you tomorrow (Sun.) if you’re willing to start very early. I have some other obligations later.

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by SScheetz
    I was up there 2 weeks ago and the trail was in great condition. We rode the section from the Angles Oaks Post Office to East Fork camp. This is the most popular section to ride. The trail is actually much longer and, from what I have heard, this may not even be the best section. I might be able to join you tomorrow (Sun.) if you’re willing to start very early. I have some other obligations later.
    Yeah, sure we can join ya. Im heading out there around 6 and its an hour drive so hopefully ill get there before 8:30. What time will you be out there?
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

mtbr member
    I missed your reply. That would have been a great ride. I hope you found it ok, if you did, I know you had a blast. SART is always a good time. We ended up doing Mt. Wilson from Lake Ave., up to Echo Mountain, to Inspiration Point, to Mount Lowe, up to the top of Wilson, down the toll road (boring) and back up Lake Ave. (pain). It was a good workout but it doesn’t beat SART for the fun factor.

banned
    Apr 2004

Could I get directions to SART?

I missed your reply. That would have been a great ride. I hope you found it ok, if you did, I know you had a blast. SART is always a good time. We ended up doing Mt. Wilson from Lake Ave., up to Echo Mountain, to Inspiration Point, to Mount Lowe, up to the top of Wilson, down the toll road (boring) and back up Lake Ave. (pain). It was a good workout but it doesn’t beat SART for the fun factor.
    Coming from the 5 frwy in Orange County? I promise not to litter or skid.

mtbr member
    Take the 91 east to the 10 east for about 6 miles.
    Exit at Orange St. in Redlands. Go north on Orange for a few blocks.
    Turn right on hwy 38, Lugonia Ave.
    Stay on hwy 38 until you reach the little (don’t blink) town of Angelus Oaks.
    You will see a restaurant/store on the left. Go up the highway another 100 yards or so.
    Park in the big dirt lot on the left.
    There are several trail route options; here is a pretty good one:

Ride from the dirt lot back to the store. To the right of the store is a road that goes past a post office. It turns into a dirt fire road. Follow the fire road an 1/8 mile to the well marked trail head. The narrow single track goes downhill from here for a couple of miles then climbs slightly to another dirt road. Turn left and follow the dirt road for about half a mile. Look toward the right for a big rock and a gate. Go through the gate and ride up the wide trail. After about a mile the trail hooks right. After the hook right, look on the left for a single track trail head. From here, just keep riding. You will run into Glass Road (paved) after about 4 miles. Cross Glass Road and continue up the trail for another 5 miles to South Fork Campground (I think that’s the name). Most people turn around and head back from here. The ride back will be very fun. When you reach the dirt road at the bottom, you could climb it all the way back to you car in parking lot.

This is only a small popular section of a much larger trail. You could ride miles past the campground, or all the way to Mentone.

[paste title here]
    Thats alright. We made it up to SART pretty early. Luckly there were lots of people going today, so we hooked up with them and they showed us around (thanks!) We did a total of about 30 miles, all the way to south fork and back. Killer Ride!! Ill have some pics posted up soon.
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

banned
    Apr 2004

Thanks for the directions

Take the 91 east to the 10 east for about 6 miles.
    Exit at Orange St. in Redlands. Go north on Orange for a few blocks.
    Turn right on hwy 38, Lugonia Ave.
    Stay on hwy 38 until you reach the little (don’t blink) town of Angelus Oaks.
    You will see a restaurant/store on the left. Go up the highway another 100 yards or so.
    Park in the big dirt lot on the left.
    There are several trail route options; here is a pretty good one:

Ride from the dirt lot back to the store. To the right of the store is a road that goes past a post office. It turns into a dirt fire road. Follow the fire road an 1/8 mile to the well marked trail head. The narrow single track goes downhill from here for a couple of miles then climbs slightly to another dirt road. Turn left and follow the dirt road for about half a mile. Look toward the right for a big rock and a gate. Go through the gate and ride up the wide trail. After about a mile the trail hooks right. After the hook right, look on the left for a single track trail head. From here, just keep riding. You will run into Glass Road (paved) after about 4 miles. Cross Glass Road and continue up the trail for another 5 miles to South Fork Campground (I think that’s the name). Most people turn around and head back from here. The ride back will be very fun. When you reach the dirt road at the bottom, you could climb it all the way back to you car in parking lot.

This is only a small popular section of a much larger trail. You could ride miles past the campground, or all the way to Mentone.
    Let me know if I can be of assitance with any O.C. riding info.