Thread: Sart?.......

giddy up!

Sart?.......

Anyone ridden it lately? Is there any snow remaining? thanks in advance.....
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Just passing through....

I haven't ridden it lately but...

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    Anyone ridden it lately? Is there any snow remaining? thanks in advance.....
    Someone posted a recent update on SoCalMtb.com:

http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails/sa_river.htm

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Good job! I wrote this last sunday:

Status update on SART:

I did the "post office loop" (start at the turnout past post office, ride back
    down to the PO, up the fireroad to the second trail entrance, down the
    singletrack, back up the control road to the turnout) this afternoon and the
    trail is in fine condition. You can tell they've cut down lots of dead bark-
    beetled trees on the fireroad behind the post office. No snow found.

It seems the trail hasn't been ridden much yet this year (both good and bad).
    The good part is that there aren't any skid zones before the switchbacks where
    out of control riders gouge out ruts to make the turn. The bad part was some
    spots are still pretty soft (front wheel skid marks indicate a few riders have
    had washouts).

The sketchy part where it gets really rocky and it falls off to the left looks
    like it had a few rockslides over the winter. There was one big boulder to hike
    over and one large section of soft landslide to hike-a-bike over. The uphill
    section before the fireroad (where the gnats like to hang out) had several down
    trees. Someone needs to make it down there with a chainsaw. Climbing over one
    of the trees was a little tricky as branches were sticking everywhere. At that
    point in the trail I saw two XC racer types who were riding the other way (up
    the singletrack). I don't understand the fun in that, but whatever floats their
    boat!

I got back to the fireroad, turned right, and made it up to my car at the
    turnout without stopping in my large chainring! Ok, I know a 32T ring isn't all
    that "large," but it's all I've got.

Weather was beautiful, computer said 96 degrees at the turnout at 1pm, 76 on
    the trail, and 80-something at 2:45 when I got back to the car. Gnats were
    present but not unbearable on the uphill sections.