mtbr member
    Sep 2005

santiago oaks and viper trail

how is santiago oaks for riding? iv seen some pics and it looks pretty tight. any good drops/jumps. and is it good 4 downhilling?

and viper i havnt been there either. is it good? does it have any good jumps/drops and it it good for dowhillin?

Go Do Be
    Oct 2005

Viper

I rode viper about 3 weeks ago, lot of work to get to the top and was a let down. No drops no jumps alot of short down bursts and climbs to the next section.
    Go to rocky peak lots of jumps lots of drop offs.
    Where is the other ride you wrote about?

My dogs are killin me
    Maybe your in the wrong place. After you go up the 3 Biotches go straight and to your right behind the electric tower. There is a little 4 foot drop then about a 10foot+ drop just beyond that that drops onto a fireroad.

Do a search for santiago oaks. People post pictures of the drops on this site all the time.

Plus you can take a ride down the Chutes after that for DH. It's not very long but pretty dam steep!

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by LLrider
    Maybe your in the wrong place. After you go up the 3 Biotches go straight and to your right behind the electric tower. There is a little 4 foot drop then about a 10foot+ drop just beyond that that drops onto a fireroad.

Do a search for santiago oaks. People post pictures of the drops on this site all the time.

Plus you can take a ride down the Chutes after that for DH. It's not very long but pretty dam steep!
    I think he was complaining about Viper, not Santiago Oaks.

mtnbikej

Action Sports Trader

Drops jumps

Santiago is a lot of fun. The 4ft drop is cake but the 12ft drop is a little hairy. I broke 2 ribs on the 12ft drop 2 weeks ago. There are also a bunch of jumps around that area, but you have to find them yourself or PM me and I can hook you up.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by LLrider

eflattenstomach
    The best FREE home fitness workshop!! Get free meal plans, workout plans and more. Click HERE to get ripped.

My dogs are killin me
    Ya, I realized that after i posted, sorry bout that.

But speaking strictly about the Oaks there are lots of jumps like he said. It's a great trail for anything.

mtbr member

good for dh

I ride my fly up there at its not bad. The top with the drops can be fun, the bigger drop has a scetchy landing but still fun to do. Chutes is also fast.