airin' it out in the 951

Santiago Oaks ride?

Anyone up for a ride at Santiago Oaks tommorow? I'm not 100% positive I'm going there, I might be going somewhere else if I find something better. What should I expect? I'll be riding a bone stock 04 bighit comp. Any shuttles? Thanks.

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillzeypher
    Anyone up for a ride at Santiago Oaks tommorow? I'm not 100% positive I'm going there, I might be going somewhere else if I find something better. What should I expect? I'll be riding a bone stock 04 bighit comp. Any shuttles? Thanks.
    My friend and I will be riding there tomorrow morning.....around 8:30. We'll probably park in the shopping center at Jamboree/Chapman. Shuttling is not practical there. The "3 b*itches" of climbing aren't too bad....I'll be climbing them on my BigHit Expert. I wear pads for the downhill as there is some pretty technical terrain there!

Pro Crastinator
    sure, what time are you gonna be there....

airin' it out in the 951
    jebus this thread is like from 2 months ago.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Shuttle it 3 times in a day

Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    My friend and I will be riding there tomorrow morning.....around 8:30. We'll probably park in the shopping center at Jamboree/Chapman. Shuttling is not practical there. The "3 b*itches" of climbing aren't too bad....I'll be climbing them on my BigHit Expert. I wear pads for the downhill as there is some pretty technical terrain there!
    You can shuttle ride. Park one car at Saniago Oaks Park. Start ride at the school at Serrano and Noal Ranch. Only a five minute drive. You will still need to climb up to Robbers Peak. This cuts out most of the climb. I may be going there next weekend if anyone is interested. Chutes is one of the more fun down hill rides in Orange County.

Action Sports Trader

Give me a day and time

Hey,

I ride there pretty often. Give me a time and I'm there. I ride a 2002 bighit with
    Monster T's. I threw on a double chain ring so I will either ride it or shuttle it.

Sam

Chillin the Most
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_mike
    You can shuttle ride. Park one car at Saniago Oaks Park. Start ride at the school at Serrano and Noal Ranch. Only a five minute drive. You will still need to climb up to Robbers Peak. This cuts out most of the climb. I may be going there next weekend if anyone is interested. Chutes is one of the more fun down hill rides in Orange County.
    That would work, but there is an even easier way. One that involves no climbing or hiking at all.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    That would work, but there is an even easier way. One that involves no climbing or hiking at all.
    well, break loose with the info... tightwad.

Chillin the Most
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    well, break loose with the info... tightwad.
    Yeah, right....then I can have all these reckless j@ck@sses riding around in my park!!!

Sure. Just let me get the exact street names and I'll follow up.

mtbr member

rock drop picture

the rock drop at the bottom of chutes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Removed at birth
    Great pic of the drop. Here is one of me on that same drop. Then here is one of me hitting the road gap at the top of the Three *****es, to the right of the big table top...., and here is one of my buddy Jon doing that big drop at the top by the electric wires....and the last one is of Big Air Johnson hittin the small drops at the top... Good times
    Peace out! War In!

Chillin the Most
    HOLY CRAP...an actual photo of Big Air Johnson. Schweet. Hey why don't you see if you can drag his sorry @ss up to Big Bear on the 24th??

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    j/w...what kind of bike is that in the second picture down?

Chillin the Most
    Quote Originally Posted by SPOOK
    j/w...what kind of bike is that in the second picture down?
    It's a Weyless 67. I believe that is the Weyvoless signature model being tested by Weyvo himself.

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyvoless
    Great pic of the drop. Here is one of me on that same drop. Then here is one of me hitting the road gap at the top of the Three *****es, to the right of the big table top...., and here is one of my buddy Jon doing that big drop at the top by the electric wires....and the last one is of Big Air Johnson hittin the small drops at the top... Good times
    Great pics! I havent been to Santiago in a long time. Gotta get myself back there some time.
    Keep Pedaling

Action Sports Trader

Where are these drops

Hey,

Where, in Santiago Oaks, are the drops in the pictures that are posted? I ride there a lot but I have only seen the small rock jump into the river bed. Also, when I go there I do the downhill that starts in Anaheim hills and ends up in Santiago Oaks, is Chutes to the Left or the right hand side?

Thanks,

Sam

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by samanderson4
    Hey,

Where, in Santiago Oaks, are the drops in the pictures that are posted? I ride there a lot but I have only seen the small rock jump into the river bed. Also, when I go there I do the downhill that starts in Anaheim hills and ends up in Santiago Oaks, is Chutes to the Left or the right hand side?

Thanks,

Sam
    Sounds like the you are going the wrong way. The loop is best if you go clockwise. Chutes is the down hill starting shortly after you pass Robbers Peak. You will need to make a left turn after about 3/4 mile. There are two possible lefts about 100 feet apart. Both will work. The trail heads toward the small rock jump in the photo and Irvine Park. I don't know where the other jumps are.

I've got a Stiffee
    The other jumps are up at the very top, by the power lines through the fence. Gotta get back out there, it's been awhile.

Removed at birth
    That is correct. The bike in the picture is a 2004 Weyless 67. Here is a peek at the 2005 Weyless that I just built up....
    Peace out! War In!

Action Sports Trader

Santiago with no climbing

Hey,

The way to do the Santiago DH with out climbing Robbers peak is easy. Go up the normal way on , I think it is Serrano, past the elementary school. Continue up to, I believe, the 2nd or 3rd right. I'm not sure the name of the street but it looks like it has 3 ways to enter and exit. It's hard to miss. So right hand turn there. Go up about a 1/4 mile and there will be another right. Make it and go all the way to the top. The street will curve a bit. There will be a fence at the end. Just park you car along that street, in front on the houses and climb the fence with your bike. Ride down the road a few feet and you will see Robbers Peak to the right of you. There you are. Santiago DH with no uphill. I will try and post a map, just to piss off the guy that did not want to give directions out!!!! If any one else has directions to a good DH or freeride place in OC please post it.

Sam

Chillin the Most
    Quote Originally Posted by samanderson4
    I will try and post a map, just to piss off the guy that did not want to give directions out!!!!
    Feel free to post a map, I don't really care. I just like giving Padre and Weyvo a hard time, we used to ride in the same group. No one seemed all that interested so I didn't bother with the directions, Yours were pretty much spot on, it's really quite simple.