Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003

Santa monica shops?

Hey,
    I will be coming to the US next month(exactly 1 month time).
    On my second day there I think I will have a whole day of shopping and maybe even try rent a bike and go for a ride.
    I was thinking of goinng to the Santa monica supergo as we don't have anything like that in Australia.
    Are there any other bike shops that are within walking distance of the supergo and are worth visiting??
    Also, is there any where nearby to supergo where I could rent a a decent mountain bike(anything that will work)?
    Thanks

34N 118W

Helens

try and make it up to Helen's on Broadway. I'm not positive if either shop has rentals though.

Give a holler right before you get into town and someone here may be able to rustle up a ride for ya.

HW

Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Hey,
    I will be coming to the US next month(exactly 1 month time).
    On my second day there I think I will have a whole day of shopping and maybe even try rent a bike and go for a ride.
    I was thinking of goinng to the Santa monica supergo as we don't have anything like that in Australia.
    Are there any other bike shops that are within walking distance of the supergo and are worth visiting??
    Also, is there any where nearby to supergo where I could rent a a decent mountain bike(anything that will work)?
    Thanks

R.I.P. DogFriend
    The last time I was in the Santa Monica Supergo, they had some decent looking demo bikes in the shop. You might inquire about taking one out for e "demo" ride before you arrive.

Helen's is definitely worth the hike (about 19 fairly short city blocks). I bought my daughter's last two bikes there. They have a decent selection of bikes from affordable to not-as-affordable . Wheelword (Marina Del Rey) is within riding distance, but I wouldn't want to walk there from Supergo. The Santa Monica Supergo is the smallest of the four that I've been to. If you have a chance to try the other ones in Fountain Valley, Ventura or Oceanside, they have up to about twice the floorspace as the Santa Monica store, with Fountain Valley or Oceanside being the ones I prefer.