Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Santa Monica Mountain

909 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JimN 
#1 ·
Planning to visit LA from Norcal. I went to school at UCLA and rode backbone trail??? in Will Roger state park once. Any other trail I should do in the Santa Monica region (Wont have a car).

I have about 20 years of riding experience. Looking for easy access from anywhere in Santa Monica, and most importantly, with alot of foot/bike traffic. I actually enjoy the company on the trail. Dont want to ride at a remote location.

What trail will be good?

While we are at it, if I change location and stay in Alhambra/ Monterey Park, where are the closest and most easily accessible and popular trail?

Time limit would be around 1.5-2.5 hours of riding. Just want to get another taste of Socal trails where possible.

#2 ·
I can't say for the Alhambra/Monty Park area . . .

But WR Backbone is a great trail, with plenty of people (more on the weekends). For me (I'm kinda slow on the climbs), riding up Sullivan Ridge from Amalfi & Sunset to Mulholland, across to the Hub then to WR and down to the park takes me ~3 hours with two stops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.