mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Santa Cruz Blur LT650B

I'm still lurking on this forum still looking for a MB. I've been reading a lot of different MB magazines too and have decided that I want the 27.5"/650b wheel size. Still looking at all the different manufactures and the SC Bronson really caught my eye but was reading through the forums and came across a SC Blur LT 650B conversion and thought that could be fun. For my first bike I should probably buy a kit bike but I like to tinker with everything and thinking of buying a Blur LT frame and putting the bike together myself so I could have a better understanding of all the bike parts. I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on this and if they think this would be a good bike for SoCal/OC trails?

CEB
    No horse'n round
    How bad could it be? I like my Blur with retro 26" wheels...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Blur LT650B-p1140864.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That's a cool picture, where is that from? I'm not dead set on 650b's and figure I could use either and decide on that later after I get most of the bike put together. Still need to figure out what size frame I need. 6'1"-6'2", 31.5"ish inseam.

mtbr member
    I've been riding the Tracer 275 for several months and I like it better thean the 29r version and my old 03 5 Spot

CEB
    No horse'n round
    Quote Originally Posted by OCOutdoors View Post
    That's a cool picture, where is that from?
    Sycamore Canyon (The one in Santee).

b a n n e d
    I ride a BlurLT in SoCal and its great . . . there's no way I'd convert it to 650b though. None. There's a bit thread on it in the SC forum, but the short of it is that a 14"+ bottom bracket height just isn't acceptable for me.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I've been following that thread. I went to The Path Bike Shop today and got to jump on a few bikes and they took the time to answer some questions, very helpfull. The first bike they put me on was a 2013 26" Kona Proccess and I really like the way it felt but the components were on the bottom end(according to them). They also had an XL BronsonC that was badass but pricey. So many options and I don't know what to do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I ride a SC Blur XCc that has been converted to 650b, best bike I've ever ridden. SC' s bottom brackets tend to be on the low side anyway, so the larger wheels only make for more clearance meaning less pedal strikes. As far as some talk about a high bb, statically, it may be slightly high on some( not mine) but setup with the proper sag, the bb is in the perfect range.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    What's the difference between LT and XC, longtravel and cross country?
    Seems this morning would have been a nice day to ride. I ended up shooting my bow instead but would have like to ride a trail first then go shoot.