mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Santa Barbara LBS and map suggestions

A couple of buddies are talking about a quick road trip from NorCal to Santa Barbara at the end of the month. We've got some ideas on trails, and the info on mtbr trail reviews will probably get us there. But any suggestions on a solid LBS in the area? And a good map or guide book with trails and trailhead directions would be preferred. Any recommendations?

We're considering Tunnel, Jesuita, Romero Canyon, Cold Springs, Camusa Connector, and may round it out with something near Ojai or SLO on the way up or back.

thanks!

Glad to Be Alive
    Please have everyone ride with a bell.....this helps hiker/biker confrontations
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Don't skid
    You do realize that those trails are vastly differnt types of terrian right? Tunnel is an extremely rocky DH trail, where as Camuesa is a smoother XC trial. The others are somewhere inbetween. Something to consider depending on what bikes you bring.
    As for a shop, check out Velo Pro downtown on State Street (there is also one in Goleta) plus in the evening State street is the place to be. Good scene down there after dark.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

trail rat
    If it looks like you will make it to SLO town, let me know.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    there's a killer dirt jump area in Goleta. i don't have the directions here, but just ask a LBS what street to park on and mapquest it. from the parking area, look towards the ocean and you'll see a couple of massive white tanks (prolly oil or some liquid).

anyway, there's a webbed network of trails that will get you over there. get on the asphalt road and follow that and you'll happen upon the area. good stuff there, man. GOOD.
    It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.

- Cicero

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

thanks

KONA in SB, thanks for the scoop on the shop. Maybe I'll phone them about a map or guide book. I've read how nasty Tunnel can be, but I think we'll still enjoy it, without huge DH rigs. Shiver, we're all old men, responsible, advocates, etc. ... won't be running anyone off the trail. I've read about the bell box, sounds good. I know how I feel when I see people riding my local goods like jackasses.

pwn3rator
    velo pro on the corner of state/ortega is great, ask for john (a friend of mine). if you have a crance, ride tequepis. its a great all around trail, good ride to the top, great dh to the bottom. you can also shuttle...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.