mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Santa Barbara Group Rides - Riding Partners

does anyone know of any weekly x-country group rides in SB? Or... anyone on the board from SB want to ride, hit me up with a PM. I am down for front side trails or backcountry...

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    The Santa Barbara Mountain Trail Volunteers has a Wednesday night ride. Starting time and location varies.

Check this link on how to sign up for the mailing list. This is a good way to find out what's going on in the local MTB scene.

Also, have you been up in the back country (Little Pine, etc.)? I am afraid to think about how Santa Cruz trail looks right now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    thx for the info...

I don't think you can get to little pine via paradise road because of the river (too high), only other way I know of is going behind gibralter damn via the dirt part of camino cielo after romero saddle...

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBlevel2
    thx for the info...

I don't think you can get to little pine via paradise road because of the river (too high), only other way I know of is going behind gibralter damn via the dirt part of camino cielo after romero saddle...

river crossings are still to high? I was gonna go to Red Rock Trail tomorrow....might just want to go see for myself...
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I did Little Pine about 3-4 weeks ago -it was really sweet! The river crossing was no prob. I am down for all epic rides and I have a flexible schedule -let me know.
    UP ROMERO AND DOWN SAN YSIDRO

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

SB Rides

Stinky Wiz (another rider on this board) and I get out about once a week to ride romero, jes, or some front country route with several others who are all excellent riders. Little Pine is doable and I think the road is open now but call LP rangers to make sure. We are ready for the grind when it is. I am going to check that link that I saw from a prior message about SB rides and the trail volunteers. It is a bit random in SB in terms of group rides, especially with kids/family carreers these days, but you are always welcome to ride with us. We just don't have a regular day. You can PM me if you are interested. How about Romero this weekend?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Keep me in the loop on upcoming rides I'd like to get in on the action too.