bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

santa barbara food

need steak and lobster type grub after ride this weekend.

whats really really good?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Never had a bad meal at the Santa Barbara Fish House.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    if you're going "all in" $urf and turf $tyle - lucky's on coast village road

mtbr member
    I had a great dinner at Beachside bar and cafe. Beachside Bar-Cafe

They are by the airport/ UCSB on the beach.

Professional Troll
    Seagrass

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Not Steak and Lobster, but my favorite place in Santa Barbara is Palace Grill on Cota.

The Palace Grill - Cajun cuisine restaurant and event catering Santa Barbara

Trust me, this place rocks.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    All good suggestions so far, but the views from the Fishouse and Brohy Bros. (Brophy Bros. Seafood Restaurant) both in the harbor/Pier area will be best.

mtbr member
    After a ride in Santa Barbara how could you not go to Super rica taco? it's killer good!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Bt,, so where did you end up going? What trails did you end up hitting

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    work has delayed the ride but I plan on going this saturday.

was gonna pedal up romero canyon dirt road, take the paveement over to gibralter and come down.

nothing major.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by verdugomountainlocal View Post
    After a ride in Santa Barbara how could you not go to Super rica taco? it's killer good!
    Super Rica is must-do. Go hungry and make several orders over an hour or more. Super Rica is kind of gourmet Cali-Mex and should not be missed.

Lilly's tacos is excellent. They only do tacos, but man are they good. They do brain, but I'm not man enough.

Unless you are buying the fish off a boat at the pier, I've never had *great* fish there that cannot be had elsewhere. It's the same distributor-quality stuff every restaurant gets otherwise.

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by asphalt_jesus View Post

Unless you are buying the fish off a boat at the pier, I've never had *great* fish there that cannot be had elsewhere. It's the same distributor-quality stuff every restaurant gets otherwise.

woah i've always wondered about that

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Haha... You don't eat fish at brophys---you get the burger with extra secret sauce on the side to dip the fries into.. Best burger in town.. Super cucas is crazy good too..

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I usually don't go to a fish place to get a burger, but I could imagine Brophy's could make a good burger like that. Maybe I'll give it a try next time. Thanks for the recommendation.

================

Super Rica is not fancy, but I'm always up for a plate of their tacos.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    San Ysidro Ranch or Lucky's

or, if you watch your wallet

Los Agaves.

mtbr member
    man I would kill for a super rica quesadilla right now
    definite malingerer

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Cucas super burrito with the green salsa in the squirt bottle-- ohhhh yeah..

Super rica-- get 3 or 4 orders of taco's a order of queso and a few chicken quesadillas-- perfect after ride meal.. They make their tortillas to order-- you order up a taco-- some lady in there makes up your tortillas by hand right then.. Talking freshhhh

Janes-- goat cheese pancakes for an app-- chicken breast with dophine potatos and some veggies-- yummm

Brophys is great all the way around.. Though be sure to order off the small menu(bar menu)-- that is where all the good stuff is.. Haha i know its funny that Brophys is where i get a burger-- but its by far my fav in town.. But their coippino(sp) is great too.. Order up bed of rice and have them pour the coippino all over it.. Its some gooood sh!t ..

For late night-- go to edimasa for sushi.. Big roles-- fresh fish-- not too expensive.. Plus open till 1am..Arigato is the trendy suchi place in down but im just not a fan.. too crowded and small roles and portions..lol..

Best tri- tip sandwich in town-- Taffys pizza .. Be sure to get the avocado and cheese.. Dip it in some ranch and your going to sit there with a big dumb happy smile on your facing knowing your eating some good grub lol.. Of course you'll have a heart attack by the end dipping your trip tip sandwich with cheese and avocado in ranch-- but who cares-- WORTH IT ..

damn im getting hungry..

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    la Super-Rica, f steak and lobster, chilaquiles!!

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Trails View Post
    Haha... You don't eat fish at brophys---you get the burger with extra secret sauce on the side to dip the fries into.. Best burger in town.. Super cucas is crazy good too..
    Have you been to Eureka that just opened up in Paseo Nuevo shopping center? They have some GREAT burgers and a really good beer selection. Great new restaurant.