mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Santa Ana River Trail (SART) 12062012

I rode SART today from Angelus Oaks to Glass Road. There were several trees down, more than a couple, blocking the trail. Were talking big trees. The temperatures were in the hi 40's, and riding it did not seem cold. This is probably the last time I will get to ride SART in a while, as I suspect snow is coming in the next week or two, and I'm not sure I will make it back up there.

Any of you ride it when there is snow up there? The trail was moist, but not at all muddy. Lots of leaves on the trail made for a slippery ride at times, as those who have ridden it know the trail is pretty narrow in places with some exposure. I took a few pictures for you to see the trail. Hit me up if any of you want to try to ride it before the larger storms hit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Ana River Trail (SART) 12062012-imag0375.jpg  

Santa Ana River Trail (SART) 12062012-imag0383.jpg  

Santa Ana River Trail (SART) 12062012-imag0387.jpg  

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    trim that brake line

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Nice shots, looks a lot like my local mt. pinos. How you like that purgatory as a front tire?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kneecap View Post
    Nice shots, looks a lot like my local mt. pinos. How you like that purgatory as a front tire?
    I really like the 2.2" Purgatory. I had it in the Control version before which is better for my style, but I got these wheels as a package with the new tires on it. They grip really well and are super easy to set up tubeless. Really easy.