Jus' Ridin' Along

Good job! San Juan Trail Work

Come out and help shore up OC's claim to fame on November 19th. We'll be hiking up from the lower trail head around 8AM to work on the switchbacks and trailbed.
    Bring sturdy shoes, work gloves, hat, a hydropack and a shovel.
    Never done trail work? No tools? C'mon out and join the fun! We'll set you up, teach you basics,and maybe even feed you.
    Bring a bike for an afterwork ride.
    Need more info? Reply to this post.
    And BTW, "We" are the Mountain Bike Committee of the Sierra Club, Angeles Chapter (bet you never thought you'd see those words together in the same name!). Come out and meet us and find out what we're about.

29er Hater
    I'm going to try and make it, I've been dying to work on that trail. Will it be strictly treadwork or will you be brushing the trail as well. Is this in conjuction with the USFS?

mark@sdmba.com

Jus' Ridin' Along
    If you want to brush, bring your bike. There are some areas in the upper reaches that could use a trim, but we want to keep it to a minimum for asthectics.

mtbr member

Brushing

A couple of weeks ago we brushed everything above cocktail rock so that should be in good shape.

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobL
    Come out and help shore up OC's claim to fame on November 19th. We'll be hiking up from the lower trail head around 8AM to work on the switchbacks and trailbed.
    Bring sturdy shoes, work gloves, hat, a hydropack and a shovel.
    Never done trail work? No tools? C'mon out and join the fun! We'll set you up, teach you basics,and maybe even feed you.
    Bring a bike for an afterwork ride.
    Need more info? Reply to this post.
    And BTW, "We" are the Mountain Bike Committee of the Sierra Club, Angeles Chapter (bet you never thought you'd see those words together in the same name!). Come out and meet us and find out what we're about.
    the warrior society is also bushwacking los pinos that day aswell.

mtbr member
    I was at SJT about 3 weeks ago and there was a large group armed quite well with maintainence equip. They did not appear to be MTBr's but they did do an awsome job from the top down to cocktail. There was onaly a short section before cocktail that could use some trimming. The trail is the best condition I've seen it in a long while.
    Thanks to those who did the work!

mechmann_mtb
    thanks to whoever does trail work on san juan. we rode it today and it was awesome. you guys rock!

taxi mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmann_mtb
    thanks to whoever does trail work on san juan. we rode it today and it was awesome. you guys rock!
    trail was dry on today?

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmann_mtb
    Your welcome . Back at it tommorrow morning .

Did the SC work day last year. A good turn out .Sorry I won't be able to join you this time around.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Jus' Ridin' Along
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
    Your welcome . Back at it tommorrow morning .

Did the SC work day last year. A good turn out .Sorry I won't be able to join you this time around.
    We've got 2 public days planned this season, with some work days scheduled for members.
    PM me to hook up

mechmann_mtb
    eebeedah..

trail was perfect. couldn't have asked for better conditions (when it got cloudy it was a bit cold, but i am NOT complaining). i was able to clean almost everything and i attribute that in large part to no loose/dusty conditions.

Jus' Ridin' Along
    Just keeping it on everybodys radar; it looks like it may be warm out there, so don't forget hats and sunscreen.

mtbr member

San Juan Trail Work

Bob,

Check your pm. Did not have your e-mail in my work computer.