mtbr member

San Juan Trail - Sunday

Blue Skies all day! It stayed cool(or cold) all day. AWESOME day to ride! Kind of got a late start. Left my house around 7am from Walnut(where the 57 and the 60 meet), but didn't really get started on the trail till about 10am maybe. There were a lot of cars parked at the bottom. We rode to up the switch backs, then the loop up top and stopped by Blue Jay campground to fill up on some water and a quick bite to eat, then the fun downhill(well mostly dh). Had a good group of 4. Patrick on the cannondale profit. Joy on the sc blur. Isabelle on her jamis komodo hardtail. And me on my sc heckler. We're all from southern california except for Isabelle. Shes a DHer from Ecuador here to learn English. Heres some pictures of the day. I'm not a good photo person. I always get caught into riding and get lazy to take my camera out of my pack for some good riding shots.

jr
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

a few more

1. Patrick riding in the trees
    2. Isabelle and Joy climbing
    3. View after the loop up top(san juan loop, did it clockwise)
    4. Pedro's Tacos. I've made it a tradition to stop by Pedro's for some fish tacos after SJT

mtbr member

bikes and my rack!

i'm always happy when i have more than just my bike on my rack! Makes the trip all the more worth it. And its fun watching people's reactions seeing the bikes and checking them out.

I originally had two steeheads and just recently got a sportworks bob ratchet when i got my 20mm via Fox 36rc2. So up top we had the heckler on the bob ratchet, the profit on a steelhead with a fork-up, and the blur on the other steelhead. The komodo got the trunk(my heckler fits there too but its more trouble as its not QR).

120 pounds of xc sex!

Good job! nice man.

Nice ride JR, I wish I went. How many miles you guys ride?
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

just rub some dirt on it
    Nov 2005
    Looks like the perfect day. Rode SJT for the first time a couple of weeks ago....what a blast. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Glad to Be Alive
    looks like fun....nice pics...does Pedro's make Ensenada style Fish Tacos???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

taxi mechanic
    is there many people on trail sunday?

mtbr member
    ankur,
    yeah you should have come! i could have fit your bike in my trunk. I've had my heckler and my friend's iron horse sgs in there before. of course you guys would have had a few wheels in your laps. Not sure on distance. none of us had a working computer. The last time i had a working computer i think it was around 20 or so miles. We started riding from around 10am and got back to the car around 3:30pm. We had two main breaks and a few re grouping breaks. you would have been fine.

skully,
    yeah it is a fun ride. one of my favorites. its one of the reasons i got the heckler. i first rode SJT on my gary fisher hardtail. i still do once in a while but its much more fun on the heckler.

SMT,
    never had fish tacos in ensenada before. only had carne asada tacos in ensenada. but they're fried battered fish, with lettuce or cabbage, slices of tomatoes and sour cream. two tacos is usually enough to fill me up, at $1.88 each. another favorite of ours is the charbroiled fish burrito wet(extra sauce!). YUMMY!

eebeedah,
    yeah, i think this last sunday was the most cars i've seen parked there before. riding up we passed a couple lone riders, one group of 4 i think and a group of two riding down. just before we hit loop there was a shuttle group of maybe 6. at the rest area there were two groups of 2 shuttlers, and maybe 5 more riders taking a break. ran into a a group of 3 hikers while doing the loop headed towards bkue jay, and a lone hiker on the switchbacks on our way back to the car. i'm sure i missed counting somewhere in there but it was relatively busy. its a weekend so it was expected.

there were a lot of santa cruz bikes. a few anodized blurs, some bullits and a vp-free.

once we got back to the car i also saw someone with a mtbr jersey start riding. he was with a friend and i believe drives a honda element.