mtbr member
    Nov 2009

San Diego Trails and Bike Rentals

Hi Guys,

New here in mtbr and also a new biker. Just started out this January. I'll be visiting my sister in-law at Chula Vista/San Diego. Oh yeah... I'm from the Philippines. I'll be there from dec 16-31. I would like to ask on where I can rent a bike and what trails are best suited for me.

I'm a weekend warrior. I currently own two bikes an XC Giant NRS3 05, and I just bought an Intense Tracer (AM Build, Fox RC2 36 Tallas FIT, Crossmax Wheels) 2 Months old. I enjoy some small jumps and some fast trails. maybe im leaning to DH but not yet. I was wondering if there's any bike parks around or some trail parks. Also, I wouldnt be able to bring my equipments.

I've been trying to search the Net and saw wonderful trails like mission and noble canyon.

Appreciate all the Help on having a great ride in your state. Thanks

Ian

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hey. Im not really sure where to rent a nice bike, but I live in the Chula Vista area. There aren't really any mtn. bike parks, but there are some fun trails around town. Otay lakes (mostly flat but fun single track around the lake, can head up hills away from lake for more up/downhill) and sweetwater reservoir (up and down single track) are close to chula vista. I like Marin bear trail next to the 52 freeway or mission trails for a ride thats about 35 min from here. Haven't made it up to noble still =( , I think thats about an hour away. MountainBikeBill.com has some good info on San Diego trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    B and L bikes rents full suspension rigs

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    @bts420 - Thanks for the information, just finalized our itinerary and i will be riding at dec 30. I am really excited on your recommendations. If you want we can go to noble hills, i guess i can find some trail maps around the internet.

@rancidmeat1 - Thanks, i'll look them up.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Go to www.mountainbikebill.com and look in the So Cal area for detailed trail maps and directions to trailheads. Noble is a difficult trail for most riders. I would suggest doing Sycamore Canyon. If that trail is easy for you you should do fine at Noble Canyon. If you find Sycamore to be dificult don't bother going to Noble. Noble is worth the trip though and if you get to a section that is too hard there is no shame in walking.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Ya man. I guess shoot me a pm if you wanna get a ride or some rides in while your here.