mtbr member
    Jul 2013

San Diego Trail Map

I created a map of all trails and dirt roads on public land in San Diego County that I am selling. Trails are color coded to indicate if regulations permit hiking, biking, horseback riding or off-roading. The map can be used on Windows or Mac computer as well as Garmin or Lowrance GPS receivers.

Lee
    San Diego Trail Map - The Ultimate Map for Hiking, Biking, Horseback or Off-Roading

Exclusive Trail Data
    The vast majority of the trail data was created for this map and is unavailable on any other digital map or even paper.

2,080 miles of trails for Hiking, Biking and Horseback
    420 miles of trails for Hiking and Biking
    200 miles of trails for Hiking and Horseback
    100 miles of trails for Hiking
    1,050 miles of trails for Off-Roading, Motorcycles or ATVs
    1,650 miles of Dirt Road, Street Legal Only

Points of Interest
    Iconography is used to indicate trail conditions, facilities, businesses, attractions, points of interest or landmarks.

Land Boundary Backgrounds and Topo Gradient
    There are two maps included
    The Topo map uses a color gradient to indicate altitude.
    Name:  Cowles500ft.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  75.2 KB
    Public Land Boundary
    The Land Boundary map uses the background color to indicate land ownership.
    Name:  RanchoP_LB.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  55.9 KB
    Last edited by SDTrailMap; 07-01-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    I'm planning to do a 1 day camp, next day ride excursion out there, any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm interested in your maps. Have you had anyone do a review yet?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I haven't had anybody do a review yet. I'd be glad to provide a complementary copy for a member to review it on this site.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    While I'd love a free copy, I probably don't have the time or local knowledge to do a thorough review. I have someone in mind who I think could do a great job reviewing it. I'll see if he's interested.

Beer Please!
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Mountain Bike Bill would be a great person to review it. He's got name recognition too.

mtbr member
    He's also the competition.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Mtn Bike Bill provides a level of detail that can't be depicted on a map with icons. Reviews provide subjectivity and observations from a rider's perspective. What to expect when you're riding the trail, what level experience you need, what you'll see, opinions on what to do and where to go, all the tricks...A lot more than you can put in a map. My map lets you know what you can do from a regulatory standpoint, what the terrain is like(topo), the location of trails and what agency governs the land. Every trail in Anza-Borrego is green for hiking, biking and horseback riding but that doesn't mean you want to plan a trip anywhere. Mtn Bike Bill's expertise tells you if you can actually ride your bike on that trail or where you'd want to go.

mtbr member
    Mtn Bike Bill also provides free maps, so maybe not the best guy to review. Though, I am also interested and am familiar with many of the trails around the county. I would't mind taking a look if you would like some feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDTrailMap View Post
    My map lets you know what you can do from a regulatory standpoint, what the terrain is like(topo), the location of trails and what agency governs the land. Every trail in Anza-Borrego is green for hiking, biking and horseback riding but that doesn't mean you want to plan a trip anywhere. Mtn Bike Bill's expertise tells you if you can actually ride your bike on that trail or where you'd want to go.
    Are you sure your map is accurate in terms of what is legal for bikes? I have always understood that bikes are not allowed on any singletrack trails in Anza Borrego. Similarly, the sample map on your website of Mission Trails park shows trails north of Hwy 52 as green. In reality none of the singletrack trails north of 52 are legal trails, especially not the ones which cross onto Marine Corps land. Just ask any of the people who have been turned back or cited by marine patrols. The rest of the land N of 52 is private or City of SD - regardless, none of those trails are authorized.