mtbr member
    Nov 2008

san diego riding clubs/associations???

can anyone point me in the right direction for local riding clubs/groups/associations? Been riding solo for over a year now and would really like to be able to ride with a group or a few individuals. I find myself staying home some days instead of getting out due to the fact I dont have anyone else to motivate me. Also dont really like the idea of being out in the middle of nowhere by myself in case of an accident.

I found a few clubs online but all of them have yearly membership fee's...i dont mind paying to join, but would like to join a reputable club with a lot of members...any ideas?

I have talked to a few guys at the local shops who organize rides, but most of them are way too advanced for me, or go at night time since they work all day. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    If you check out Dirttreaders.com you'll find all kind of riders all over San Diego, from social/recreational riders like me to hardcore racers.

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    You can ride with me and i'll only charge you lunch and maybe a brewsky.

Go with what bajamtnbkr says.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i have never even heard of the dirttreaders site till today...i really wish i wouldve known about it a long time ago. Seems like there are a lot of people organizing group rides, only wish the trails would dry up soon so i can get off the road bike and on to the dirt.

I just put on xt cranks along with a tubeless wheelset, and have only got a chance to take it out once before the storm hit. im getting very anxious to go test out the new upgrades!