mtbr member

San Diego Rider wants to organe group rides

I live at the bottom of Black Mountain, and ride there 2-3 times per week. As great as that area is, it is getting a little old riding up the fireroad alone after work. I am wondering if there are riders out there who would like to set up weekly group rides.

I am married, with a 1 yr old daughter, so my time is limited to evenings or early Sunday mornings (@ 0700). I am a serious MTN biker, with really good technical skills and slowly improving cardio. I am looking for XC riders who like some variety in their riding, and are in it for the love of riding, not just a workout. Ideally we would hit the trails for @ 8-15 miles or 1.5 to 2 hours. Locations could change every week, or we could hit the same spot...whatever works.

If interested, call me on my mobile, 858-692-1481, or drop me an e-mail, mforbes@san.rr.com.

- Mark

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by SprSonik
    I live at the bottom of Black Mountain, and ride there 2-3 times per week. As great as that area is, it is getting a little old riding up the fireroad alone after work. I am wondering if there are riders out there who would like to set up weekly group rides.

I am married, with a 1 yr old daughter, so my time is limited to evenings or early Sunday mornings (@ 0700). I am a serious MTN biker, with really good technical skills and slowly improving cardio. I am looking for XC riders who like some variety in their riding, and are in it for the love of riding, not just a workout. Ideally we would hit the trails for @ 8-15 miles or 1.5 to 2 hours. Locations could change every week, or we could hit the same spot...whatever works.

If interested, call me on my mobile, 858-692-1481, or drop me an e-mail, mforbes@san.rr.com.

- Mark
    Check out SDTrailriders - Bunch of of folks who organize regular rides

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/sdtrailriders/

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

What Bill said

Quote Originally Posted by SprSonik

- Mark
    I live just East of Mt. Carmel High School. I ride Black Mountain on occasion from my plact up to Hilltop community park and then up the road to the backside. I haven't been there in a few weeks though.

check out the group Bill mentioned. there's about 80 members, although I have yet to meet about half of them. We usually post our rides so if the time fits and you want to join in, show up.

My schedule (I have a 15 month old boy) is such that I've been riding Tuesday after work at Mission Trails, we do a regular Wednesday night ride at Penasquitos Canyon, and then one day on the weekend.

Do you have lights? with darkness coming earlier and earlier, I'll be up for hitting Black Mt. on a weeknight once in a while to prevent the solo night ride phobia I've got working.

Michael

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

when you get back?

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbill
    Check out SDTrailriders - Bunch of of folks who organize regular rides

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/sdtrailriders/
    You'll be home just in time to view all the construction on the Del Mar mesa. too bad but we knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

YR

Its only 1" on the map!

What a freaking bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    You'll be home just in time to view all the construction on the Del Mar mesa. too bad but we knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

YR
    Sad to hear about the Mesa, but then again much of the fire damaged stuff that was closed when I left is open again.
    -Bill

mtbr member
    I have a 3 yr old light system that may still work...One of my projects is to charge it up and run it down a few times to get reliable burn times. If it holds a good charge, I am all for night rides up the Mtn...I'll get back to you on that one.

Thanks to everyone for the good leads on local groups...I will try to catch a ride real soon.

mtbr member
    I'm up for some night rides, but I'm in Oceanside. If you'd like to come up and check out Calavera, flightline, it's pretty fun for getting in a night ride.

craig

cajonezzz@hotmail.com