mtbr member
    Apr 2004

San Diego Relocation Questions...

Recent changes at work have convinced me to pursue new employment, and I've been considering relocating to the greater San Diego area. I was born there, but I've lived north in Simi most of my life and I'm looking to get back.
    When seeking employment, I'd like to keep the commute to a minimum (at least in reasonable riding distance 20miles or less) and I'd like to have trail access out my back door. Any area suggestions for work/home would be greatly appreciated

I'm an IT Professional - PM me for my resume if there are any employement ops.

I guess I've gotten spoiled as I have a 2.7 mile commute and trails about the same distance from my door. If I relocate I'd be looking for the same as this has a real impact on quality of life.

Any input is appreciated...

Thanks,
    Greg
    Simi Cycling Center
    Simi's Premier Bicycle Shop, Since 1975
    Specialized, Giant and More...

Lord of the Chainrings
    PM sent.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    I'm reversed: grew up in Simi, now live in SD. Not as much good riding down here, but the weather's better. Good luck.

Glad to Be Alive
    you can't move bro......sorry to hear about work...thought that job was cake
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    it is cake, but man cannot survive on cake alone. I like to actually do work rather than talk about it, and some corporate changes make us spend a lot more time talking about work than doing any...
    I just saw that Simi Cycling Center is for sale, maybe I'll buy it instead...
    Simi Cycling Center
    Simi's Premier Bicycle Shop, Since 1975
    Specialized, Giant and More...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    G-spot,

Why am I always the last to know?

Give me a call when you can.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney
    it is cake, but man cannot survive on cake alone. I like to actually do work rather than talk about it, and some corporate changes make us spend a lot more time talking about work than doing any...
    I just saw that Simi Cycling Center is for sale, maybe I'll buy it instead...
    no money in that.........I left you a message.....give me a call
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mechmann_mtb
    they are hiring like all new IT staff where i work. if you don't have something hooked up drop me a line. i took a "Targeted Selection" interviewing class last week with the hiring manager for IS at Abbott here in Temecula.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    If you're solely looking for the SD area, and can afford it, check around the Carmel Valley area / Sorrento Valley. Traffic is a nightmare, but if you're riding you should be okay. You can ride down the 56 as there's a bike path the entire length of it, and lots of other cyclists that ride around El Camino Real and Carmel Valley Rd, etc, plus PCH is really close. Lots of businesses in the area.

When the ground is dry you've got riding at Del Mar Mesa / PQ. Hodges isn't too far away. Anything else and you'd probably have to drive.