mtbr member

San Diego, CA. XC Beginner AND Intermediate Ride!!!!

SAN CLEMENTE CANYON

Saturday, November 6th
    Arrive 8:20am
    Skills Clinic 8:30am
    Ride 9:00 SHARP!

Check out http://www.rockmtb.com/ for more details.
    And when I'm sure I just can't do it anymore, He just smiles and says... "Pedal!"

callipygian rondure
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimper4JC
    SAN CLEMENTE CANYON

Saturday, November 6th
    Arrive 8:20am
    Skills Clinic 8:30am
    Ride 9:00 SHARP!

Check out http://www.rockmtb.com/ for more details.
    Why do you lie and state that the ride begins at "9:00 SHARP!"?
    "A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure."

mtbr member
    May 2004

with all due respect

will I be preached at at all? Will there be a mandatory prayer session before the ride? Let me know! I noticed this is an extreme production of the ROCK church, nothing to do with ROCK105.3...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    will I be preached at at all? Will there be a mandatory prayer session before the ride? Let me know! I noticed this is an extreme production of the ROCK church, nothing to do with ROCK105.3...
    No, you will not be preached at. If that was the case, I doubt I would be there.

Mandatory prayer? Nope. If you don’t want to pray, no problem. Although we do begin all our rides with a short prayer, we try to keep them short. No babbling…

Rock Church? Yes, we are a ministry of the Rock Church. And, you are correct, nothing to do with ROCK105.3. (ps. If you like that kind of music, check out some of our videos. You may enjoy the background music.)

One of our primary missions is to reach our fellow mountain bikers who may not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Some of us, prior to this relationship, thought all Christians were boring, nice people, hypocrites who did not have fun. We never dreamed Christians WERE fun and enjoyed extreme sports. With this in mind, there are many people searching for something, but will NOT step into a Church. (I know, I was one of them) They WILL however attend a mountain bike ride! During our rides we will never judge or condemn someone because of what they believe or don’t believe. Rather we will share God's truth through our witness and His inspired word. This ensures their desire to come back and perhaps learn more.

Join us for a ride!
    All are welcome. We do ask that a mutual respect is observed.

Hope this helps.
    And when I'm sure I just can't do it anymore, He just smiles and says... "Pedal!"

mtbr member
    I look at it this way: if you're too scared of religion to be able to stand nearby and let others do it, then you probably shouldn't go ride with those people. But if you've got enough mental presence to be able to either standby or listen in, then get down to riding, more power to you.

And the rumor that anyone at a Rock ride that eats the free brownies will awaken a week later with a shaved head, red robe and Harvey Krishna sandals on, appears to be false. I still ain't eatin' the brownies.

mtbr member
    May 2004

nothing personal, just dogmas

Quote Originally Posted by Gimper4JC
    No, you will not be preached at. If that was the case, I doubt I would be there.

Mandatory prayer? Nope. If you don?t want to pray, no problem. Although we do begin all our rides with a short prayer, we try to keep them short. No babbling?

Rock Church? Yes, we are a ministry of the Rock Church. And, you are correct, nothing to do with ROCK105.3. (ps. If you like that kind of music, check out some of our videos. You may enjoy the background music.)

One of our primary missions is to reach our fellow mountain bikers who may not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Some of us, prior to this relationship, thought all Christians were boring, nice people, hypocrites who did not have fun. We never dreamed Christians WERE fun and enjoyed extreme sports. With this in mind, there are many people searching for something, but will NOT step into a Church. (I know, I was one of them) They WILL however attend a mountain bike ride! During our rides we will never judge or condemn someone because of what they believe or don?t believe. Rather we will share God's truth through our witness and His inspired word. This ensures their desire to come back and perhaps learn more.

Join us for a ride!
    All are welcome. We do ask that a mutual respect is observed.

Hope this helps.
    hmm....shorty prayer...try to keep short...primary missions...relationship with jebus...Christians boring...EXTREME SPORTS....Church...god's truth...his inspired word...

feels as though I have already been preached at freind. I hope that this EXTREME version of recruiting works out for you and you can find more peeps w/ blind faith

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    hmm....shorty prayer...try to keep short...primary missions...relationship with jebus...Christians boring...EXTREME SPORTS....Church...god's truth...his inspired word...

feels as though I have already been preached at freind. I hope that this EXTREME version of recruiting works out for you and you can find more peeps w/ blind faith
    Wow, man it's really sad to see people tearing into guys who are trying to do something positive. All the guy did was post the specifics of a group ride and he starts receiving christophobic attacks. I was just talking to Gimper, and his group is trying to get involved with trailbuilding and trail maintenance efforts around SD as well as putting on these rides. Such a bummer that so many people espouse the maxim of accepting others, yet make Christians the only exclusion to the rule.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mealsonwheels
    Wow, man it's really sad ...
    Dude, don't sweat it: those guys weren't going to show up, anyway.

Joe Lizura says it's gonna rain, anyway. Bring boogie boards and surf San Clemente Canyon!

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by EBasil
    Dude, don't sweat it: those guys weren't going to show up, anyway.

Joe Lizura says it's gonna rain, anyway. Bring boogie boards and surf San Clemente Canyon!
    True.

Bummer, that's the only day I'll be in town the next week and a half to ride. Thankfully I took your advise, bought a light and I'll be going out tonight after work.

mtbr member
    Where?

mtbr member

Riding with The Rock

I'm not a Christian (I'm Jewish) and have gone on a couple of rides with friends who go to the Rock church. The people are great and really nice. I chose not to participate is the prayer and everyone was very respectful. I DID NOT feel that I was being preached to at all / at any time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerBear
    I'm not a Christian (I'm Jewish) and have gone on a couple of rides with friends who go to the Rock church. The people are great and really nice. I chose not to participate is the prayer and everyone was very respectful. I DID NOT feel that I was being preached to at all / at any time.
    Thanks for the encouraging words JerBaer. Hope to see you out on many more rides.

Did you check out the new post for the ride on the 20th?

If you can make it, like this type of riding? Hope to see ya out there.

With some of the trails dry enough to ride, and the weather lately... perfect for riding!!!!
    Bottom line? LETS GO RIDE!

Ps. A few of us are doing Daily on Sat. Nov 11 @ 1PM
    Last edited by Gimper4JC; 11-13-2004 at 07:42 AM.