mtbr member

San Diego area BMX tracks 1970's ???

I dont remember which town this track was in, it was named Los Palmas (sp?) and had a long downhill start and had double berm at the end. Anyone remember ??? I have footage of Rancho San Diego and Claremont tracks as well as Los Palmos that I hope to soon get to comp. Heres a pic of Los Palmos looking west.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    That a Schwinn? looks to have an extra tube there in the frame? I had a Schwinn Tornado in the 70s. Good times.

I'm not familiar with the track in SD. I raced BMX at the Orange Y track throughout the 80s.

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    I have footage of Rancho San Diego and Claremont tracks.
    I'm working at Cuyamaca College right now. It's right next to the old Rancho San Diego Track. I would like to see some pictures of that. I have been trying to remember exactly where it was on this hillside but it was too long ago and there's been lots of construction here.

I think the Kearny Mesa track is still open eh?

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    I'm working at Cuyamaca College right now.
    I want your commute. Kind of OT, but do you ever ride the singletrack behind the school? Used to be a pretty cool loop before the water reservoirs were built.
    Last edited by mealsonwheels; 06-24-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Geritol Power
    You know it meals, it's almost 4 miles from my house to my job

I haven't had a chance yet to ride the commute or ride behind the campus. It appears on the aerial photos that there's still quite a few trails back there.

Now, back to the bmx tracks. I remember it was a good downhill track in Rancho. Much more fun than other flatish ones like Lakeside.

Those who skibike, know..
    Why not grab a shovel and rebuild behind CC? I live within riding distance, I'm in.
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

I <3 Dirt

I haven't had a chance yet to ride the commute or ride behind the campus. It appears on the aerial photos that there's still quite a few trails back there.

Now, back to the bmx tracks. I remember it was a good downhill track in Rancho. Much more fun than other flatish ones like Lakeside.
    I rode back there a couple weeks ago and there is still some singletrack although the big tanks interrupts the singletrack behind the school from the singletrack near the cross. It's a bummer. I'd love to see old pics of the bmx track.

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    Why not grab a shovel and rebuild behind CC? I live within riding distance, I'm in.
    Someone has already beat you to it.

mtbr member

I will post up as soon as I get it to the computer. I have quite a bit of Rancho footage along with sidehack racing.

Dented n' Spent
    Quote Originally Posted by BLT Fan
    I'm not familiar with the track in SD. I raced BMX at the Orange Y track throughout the 80s.
    Hey, me too!... well, for a few years. The Irvine track as well. Ya got any pictures? I trip out on how that bikes really haven't changed much, but the tracks sure have. Remember that first jump you'd either bunnyhop or power-wheelie over - now that'd probably be a huge double!
    What kind of bike?​ I don'​t know,​ I'm not a bike scien​tist.