mtbr member

San Diego - ADVANCED XC / ALL MOUNTAIN RIDE

<<< ADVANCED EPIC RIDERS >>>

MARTHA'S GROVE w VALLEY LOOP / CARDIAC HILL / RoCkY RiDge
    Thants right! All together!

Join us for a ride!
    All Advanced XC riders are welcome. We do ask that a mutual respect is observed.

This ride is truly for Advanced riders only. While many parts are easy, the combination of all the sections will challenge the best of riders. If you are a weak climber, this is not a ride you’d enjoy.

East Co. San Diego
    Advanced Ride - 20 miles around 2,000’ elevation gain
    November 20th - Arrive 8:15, Ride 8:30
    Lunch at Cotojas Mexican After

GET ALL THE COMPLETE INFO
    http://www.rockmtb.com/ridedescription.html
    And when I'm sure I just can't do it anymore, He just smiles and says... "Pedal!"

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

not sure if it'll be open

Quote Originally Posted by Gimper4JC

Join us for a ride!
    All Advanced XC riders are welcome. We do ask that a mutual respect is observed.

This ride is truly for Advanced riders only. While many parts are easy, the combination of all the sections will challenge the best of riders. If you are a weak climber, this is not a ride you?d enjoy.

East Co. San Diego
    Advanced Ride - 20 miles around 2,000? elevation gain

but the actual Martha's DH from the upper parking lot is currently closed. it may/may not be open by the 20th.

YR

mtbr member
    Yes I know,.. I sadly discovered that the last time out. I live close and ride this trail often. I guess I will just have to keep riding to the top of the hill to see when it opens,...

Hopefully things should be dry enough for a ride out there this aftrenoon...

(EDIT @ 5:24)

Yes the top Martha's is still closed. I did however talk with with some Conservation Core workers out there and they were optimistic about the trail being open before the 20th. All depends on the rain.

The rest of the trail? AWESOME! perfect conditions.
    Last edited by Gimper4JC; 11-10-2004 at 05:27 PM.
    And when I'm sure I just can't do it anymore, He just smiles and says... "Pedal!"

there are

Yes I know,.. I sadly discovered that the last time out. I live close and ride this trail often. I guess I will just have to keep riding to the top of the hill to see when it opens,...

Hopefully things should be dry enough for a ride out there this aftrenoon...

(EDIT @ 5:24)

Yes the top Martha's is still closed. I did however talk with with some Conservation Core workers out there and they were optimistic about the trail being open before the 20th. All depends on the rain.

some other options to ride past the parking lot that are more or less on private property and fall under the quasi-legal trail status.

if you head out of the parking lot and turn right at the first dirt driveway you can climb up and around the peak on your left. you'll come to an intersection after a bit. if you turn right, you'll come to teh staging area above cardiac. if you turn to the left, you can find some pretty rutted ST for a bit that loops all the way around the peak and back to the parking area for Martha's.

Loomis knows where it is so ask him if you don't know yourself.

I did the short loop last week when we foudn out the Martha's trail is closed. from the Santee Lakes and back it turned out to be almost 18 miles.

YR

mtbr member
    I'm interested in this ride but I really don't know what I consider my skill level. I ride Aliso Viejo climbing mathis and cholla with no problem and descend on rockit and lynx during 1 ride. I also ride laguna hills to el morrow for a nice 16 mile round trip. Do these climbs compare at all or are they elementry in nature by comparison to the San Diego ride? thanks

Russell

Join us for a ride!

This ride is truly for Advanced riders only. While many parts are easy, the combination of all the sections will challenge the best of riders. If you are a weak climber, this is not a ride you?d enjoy.

East Co. San Diego
    Advanced Ride - 20 miles around 2,000? elevation gain

PITY THE FOOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar
    I'm interested in this ride but I really don't know what I consider my skill level. I ride Aliso Viejo climbing mathis and cholla with no problem and descend on rockit and lynx during 1 ride. I also ride laguna hills to el morrow for a nice 16 mile round trip. Do these climbs compare at all or are they elementry in nature by comparison to the San Diego ride? thanks

Russell
    I think your fine. The climbs at Scyamore/Marthas are not really that bad if you spend any regular time on a bike. I would not consider this an advanced ride but I understand the original poster not wanting a bunch of newbies on the ride.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

you're fine

Russell
    there's nothing as steep as cholla but there are a few longer climbs. The ride isn't really super advanced but it does get a bit long and the third quarter of the ride can get a bit challenging due to a lot of loose babyheads on teh trail.

I would classify this particular loop as requiring advanced fitness and slightly better than intermediate skills. Not for newbs but you should be fine.

FYI, unless you're actually here for a reason, I also wouldn't necessarily travel a great distance for this ride. It's fun if you live here but not necessarily worthy of a car trip just for riding. There are better trails for that.

YR

mtbr member

Russell

I would have to agree with troy & Yeti_Rider as to you going on the ride. Sounds like you'll be fine!

As to the trail itself,
    I rode it Wednesday, Yes the top Martha's is still closed. I did however talk with with some Conservation Core workers out there and they were optimistic about the trail being open before the 20th. All depends on the rain.

mtbr member
    We will be riding the trail tomorrow eve. Nite Ride. Hope marthas will be open.

mtbr member
    :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

just show up! :thumb:

mtbr member
    Bump for the ride TOMORROW

mtbr member
    thanks for the encouragement guys. But on the advice of Yeti_rider, I'm going to pass this time... in hopes for a closer rider.