mtbr member
    Jun 2004

San Diego 100 endurance run this weekend(Laguna Mtns)

Just a heads up that there is a running event this weekend in the Laguna, and partially Cuyamacha mountains, this weekend. It's a 100 mile run over two days. They will be on Noble Canyon, Indian Creek, Big Laguna Trail, Los Gatos/Chicos, Pine Mountain Trail, Red Tail Roost, and La Cima (in Cuyamacha Park). You can view the complete route at their website.

SD 100

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    "Running" Noble Canyon? Sounds like misery...and a broken ankle or two.
    If not biking, then what?

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the heads up.

That sux! I was planning on going up this saturday AND saturday is a free day from the adventure pass.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    We're going Saturday! There can't be that many of them...can there?!

EDIT: We're starting late-ish (9), climbing up to Sunset, doing the full meadow loop (sessioning Gatos), then dropping Noble proper, so they should be done by the time we get there...
    Last edited by dirtvert; 06-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Heh, the support groups for 100 mile running races are pretty beefy. When I crewed for the WS100 we had 5 dudes helping one runner.

Haven't looked at where support stations are, but expect support crew + volunteers + runners
    + random cheering people to not have a small footprint.

most memberable
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    "Running" Noble Canyon? Sounds like misery...and a broken ankle or two.
    About 10 years ago, I was out riding Noble and just approaching the first gnarly rock garden...and encountered a couple (man and woman in their mid 40s) running UP (yes, UP) Noble...as I was going down. It was in late June and around 2 in the afternoon...hot day, no wind. I wonder what they were out exercising for? I was applauding inside....they were ultrafit....she was hawt! Had to be 6 miles from parking lot at bottom.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    From their website I see they start Saturday at 7 AM at the Al Bahr Shrine camp (adjacent to Laguna/El Prado campground) and run a 23 mile counter-clockwise loop through the meadow taking them to the top of Noble. This should take them about 4 hours. So, they should be descending Noble from about 11 AM to 3 PM, give or take.

mtbr member
    I've ran up noble many times. It's a blast.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    The runners were all very cool; most of them were already dropping Noble by the time we climbed up the road.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey