mtbr member

Rut and Pua's Charity Birthday Event

The Date is February 20th.

This year we are hosting a birthday ride for the Kristies Foundation www.kristies.org

Kristie’s Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides assistance, support and cherished moments to critically ill children and their families.

Anyway this year it is at the Fullerton Loop.
    Ride starts at 11am.
    Followed by Roscoes at 3pm.

As with each year, the ride is a costume ride. This year the theme is "rain gear." Figure it out.

For those that don't know....
    Once at Roscoe's we host a raffle. Pua is a female Pro rider. One of the top in the nation. She and I are gathering swag for the raffle. All the companies involved simply donate because it is a good cause. We hope you can join us in not only celebrating our birthdays but in helping out a worthy cause.

We hope you can make it.

If you cannot make the event, but would still like to donate, go to http://www.kristies.org/index.php?op...id=51&Itemid=2 then scroll down to "Make a Donation Now." In the notes please specify this is for Andy and Pua's Birthday Event. -thanks
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    So the reason is a good one-to raise funds to help out families with terminally ill children. I really hope some of you will come out for the event. Just to get you a bit more interested, here are some of the companies donating product/helping out...

Team MATA (Pro rider Pua Sawicki and her sponsors)
    MTBR (can I get a Hell Yeah?!?!)
    Roscoe's Famous Deli (great sandwiches and mouth watering beers!)
    Niner Bikes
    The Path Bike Shop (with demo's for the ride)
    Cycling Sports Group (GT)
    Switchback Cyclery
    Bannings Bike Shop
    Intense Bikes
    GeoMan Gear
    Hutchinson's Tires
    WTB
    Crank Brothers
    The Bruery

All the above companies have donated product, time and effort to help a worthy cause. I hope you can too.
    Last edited by Andy aka Rut; 02-06-2010 at 12:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Anyone need to demo a bike???

Well it looks like The Path Bike Shop is bringing a fleet of demo bikes for those that are interested in trying something new. Maybe even purchase?!?!

So the fleet includes:

Specialized, Pivot, Intense, Turner and Ellsworth

They will be there at 9:30'ish. Be sure to bring a helmet, shoes and a credit card!!!!

It looks like Oakley and Shimano are wanting to be involved as well. I hope we have enough people for all the swag give-aways!!!

I really have to throw out a "Hell Yeah!" to all the supporting companies; especially in a tough economic time such as now. They have no reason to donate other than for a good cause. Thank you!

mtbr member
    I knew Niner Bikes wanted to be involved in the event but I was staying quiet with the economy how it is. They have always gone out of their way for me. Niner bikes has always been there for me.
    Well I just got an e-mail from Niner letting me know they are donating a frame!!!