Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,072

    Roll call - everybody safe and sound??

    Your norcal brothers are here for you. We're out of the rain by now but I see you folks are still being pelted.

    How's your house? how's your local trail. Man even the road riding is going to be treacherous. Watch out for running water and falling rocks.

    francois

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    88

    Bonking ... not feelin' well

    My pool overflowed and my roof is leaking. You know it's bad when we've had more rain than Seattle this year! Our trails are a mess. Go ride for me

  3. #3
    stay thirsty, my friends
    Reputation: LBmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,131
    I almost died this past weekend at Maple Springs.
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

  4. #4
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,072
    Quote Originally Posted by LBguy
    I almost died this past weekend at Maple Springs.
    I saw that post. Holy Noah!!

    francois

  5. #5
    Mashers Only!!
    Reputation: HUGH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    579
    I'm good!! Thanks for asking..

    HUGH

  6. #6
    FTM
    FTM is offline
    ...
    Reputation: FTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Your norcal brothers are here for you. We're out of the rain by now but I see you folks are still being pelted.

    How's your house? how's your local trail. Man even the road riding is going to be treacherous. Watch out for running water and falling rocks.

    francois
    Cracked two ribs & lost a lot of skin on my left side as well as destroyed my helmet coming down from Brown Mountain on Sunday. the good news, my bike is fine! I'll be able to ride again as soon as there is a break in the rain.

  7. #7
    cask conditioned
    Reputation: endo verendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    625
    My bike is sitting there, getting fat. I'm growing moss.
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

    http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

    where are we eating?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    88
    holy cow! I am glad you are okay.

  9. #9
    Just Ride!
    Reputation: Pigtire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    806

    Still in one piece.

    Just worried about driving around here w/ the crazy L.A drivers who can't drive in the rain.

  10. #10
    stay thirsty, my friends
    Reputation: LBmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    Just worried about driving around here w/ the crazy L.A drivers who can't drive in the rain.
    Haha, really though!
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

  11. #11
    120 pounds of xc sex!
    Reputation: carbnjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    639

    whoa!!

    you rode brown mt in the rain!!! whoa...i rode echo mtn on sunday, in the morn before the rail.. you guys be careful!!

    btw, it was cool, cuz its the first time I actually rode into the clouds, and as soon I was above the clouds, the weather changed from around 55 degrees to about 30, according to the nipple gauge.
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

    WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

    >Ankur<

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,926
    Quote Originally Posted by endo verendo
    My bike is sitting there, getting fat. I'm growing moss.
    I'm reduced to backing up my hard drive.

  13. #13
    ever forward
    Reputation: arturo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    195

    Just Waiting

    Reading about Maple Canyon and a couple other incidents was an eye-opener. A 5-10' wall of water is nothing to trifle with. I've got a brand spankin' new, picked-up-last-week-and-hasn't-been-ridden-yet Karate Monkey biding time in garage. Aaarrrghhh! Hopefully get out Thursday or Friday.
    Never confuse effort with results

  14. #14
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,267

    survival

    I'm going to the gym tonight to ride a Lifecycle.

    let that sink in for a sec...

    yep. No trainer or rollers, so I'm lining up with the remaining New Years resolution crowd to spin the pedals and watch Wheel of Fortune. Lord help me.

  15. #15
    Mmmmmm Beer!
    Reputation: CPATCRASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    617

    Oh come on now...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    Just worried about driving around here w/ the crazy L.A drivers who can't drive in the rain.
    What are you talking abo.zmd Crap, someone cut me off as I was typing on my laptop. Oh, hang on so I can put my coffee down and get the phone.

    Oh great, now I'm getting pulled over but first I'll hide the empty beer bottles.
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    44

    Are you sure?

    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    I'm good!! Thanks for asking..

    HUGH

    How is your Knee?


    John C.

  17. #17
    pewpewpew Moderator
    Reputation: Impy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by arturo7
    Reading about Maple Canyon and a couple other incidents was an eye-opener. A 5-10' wall of water is nothing to trifle with. I've got a brand spankin' new, picked-up-last-week-and-hasn't-been-ridden-yet Karate Monkey biding time in garage. Aaarrrghhh! Hopefully get out Thursday or Friday.

    Oooo nice!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    520

    Everthing is Cool Except for Wild Ligers

    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Your norcal brothers are here for you. We're out of the rain by now but I see you folks are still being pelted.

    How's your house? how's your local trail. Man even the road riding is going to be treacherous. Watch out for running water and falling rocks.

    francois

    Everything is cool except some idiots in my area bred a lion and tiger (liger) and the beast is running around Simi Valley/Moorpark/Thousand Oaks, CA. The poeple who kept this animal should put in jail. They found the paw prints last week and they think it weighs 400 lbs! Already some sightings. I really feel bad for the animal because it has lived in capitivity and has no clue how to get food. That will probably save someone's life, thank goodness. But, you can't help feel bad for the animal. Can't people just be happy with cat?

  19. #19
    pewpewpew Moderator
    Reputation: Impy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Your norcal brothers are here for you. We're out of the rain by now but I see you folks are still being pelted.

    How's your house? how's your local trail. Man even the road riding is going to be treacherous. Watch out for running water and falling rocks.

    francois
    Hey francois!

    The house has cracks developing in the plaster everywhere and there is a big bulge that has appeared in the living room. On the bright side the lawn looks great. I foolishly tried to reseed a couple of bare patches the other day. The backyard drain is going to be really green soon.

    Local trails have been changing every few weeks, keeps it entertaining. Some are better for the damage, some are worse.

  20. #20
    Ya, right.
    Reputation: DSDuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    814
    I myself am doing OK. Others aren't as fortunate. Numerous hardship stories in SoCal. A general prayer would help

    You guys up North can have your rain back. We're done with it now, thanks.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

  21. #21
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    Hey francois!

    The house has cracks developing in the plaster everywhere and there is a big bulge that has appeared in the living room. On the bright side the lawn looks great. I foolishly tried to reseed a couple of bare patches the other day. The backyard drain is going to be really green soon.

    Local trails have been changing every few weeks, keeps it entertaining. Some are better for the damage, some are worse.
    Haaa, look what you've moved in to. Aosty should have made the move up.

    Everybody, Impy brought the rain down when she moved!!!

    fc

  22. #22
    used to be uno-speedo....
    Reputation: dirtdrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,238
    I'm liking the rain for a change. Great weather to practice track skids in.

  23. #23
    cask conditioned
    Reputation: endo verendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Aosty should have made the move up.


    All of us down here were kinda hoping for that.
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

    http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

    where are we eating?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bladerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43

    Pic of my Tuesday ride

    My Local Trail
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    173

    man

    you ok? DId you take El P or just fire road down? How did it happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by FTM
    Cracked two ribs & lost a lot of skin on my left side as well as destroyed my helmet coming down from Brown Mountain on Sunday. the good news, my bike is fine! I'll be able to ride again as soon as there is a break in the rain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Metalic sound
    By Michal in forum Giant
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 07:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •