mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Rock Peak in Simi Valley

For sure not for beginners. My coworker took my buddy and I to Rock Peak for a shuttle run. I think my buddy broke his foot so he needs to get that checked out, other than that we killed a rattle snake, and the trail/path was super difficult for me (noob). Any thoughts on this trail? I usually ride on Chesboro but Rock Peak is so close to where i live, only if it was more beginner friendly.
    Last edited by liftmys10; 06-04-2006 at 10:23 PM.
    06' Gary Fisher Cake 2dlx with Azonic MTN X Pedals
    06' Giant Reign 2 with Wellgo MG-1 Pedals

Glad to Be Alive
    RP has signs for no shuttle runs I think.....don't get caught
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Where's RP at?

I've ridden quite a bit in the SCV area, but have never heard of Rock Peak. Care to share the location? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K
    I've ridden quite a bit in the SCV area, but have never heard of Rock Peak. Care to share the location? Thanks.
    Im sorry, i meant Simi Valley, not Santa Clarita. Its off the 118 freeway exit Keuhner.

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by liftmys10
    For sure not for beginners. My coworker took my buddy and I to Rock Peak for a shuttle run. I think my buddy broke his foot so he needs to get that checked out, other than that we killed a rattle snake, and the trail/path was super difficult for me (noob). Any thoughts on this trail? I usually ride on Chesboro but Rock Peak is so close to where i live, only if it was more beginner friendly.
    Yes my thought on the trial....why did you kill a rattlesnake?

mtbr member
    For sure not for beginners.
    Beginners shouldn't shuttle and should start at the bottom. If the ride proves too tough just turn around and return to your car.

It's called Rocky Peak. Chumash or Hummingbird, which trail was it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    Yes my thought on the trial....why did you kill a rattlesnake?
    My buddy actually ran it over with his bike without even seeing it so the snake was hurt. It almost bit him, so thats when we decided to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    Beginners shouldn't shuttle and should start at the bottom. If the ride proves too tough just turn around and return to your car.

It's called Rocky Peak. Chumash or Hummingbird, which trail was it?
    It was my first time on that trail. I had no idea the difficulty of that trail.
    Hummingbird.

mtbr member
    It was my first time on that trail. I had no idea the difficulty of that trail.
    Hummingbird.
    Information about Hummingbird (and a gazillion other local trails) is readily available on the internet. Doing a little research BEFORE you ride will prevent unpleasant surprises.

http://www.venturacountytrails.org/T.../MapsHome.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDi
    Information about Hummingbird (and a gazillion other local trails) is readily available on the internet. Doing a little research BEFORE you ride will prevent unpleasant surprises.

http://www.venturacountytrails.org/T.../MapsHome.html
    I've heard about that trail on being technical. But the thing was the trail was coverd with weeds so it was very difficult seeing the terrain. My coworker has been on that trail alot so he kept insisting on going there. Peer presure

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    yea hummingbird is technical at speed, but I broke my ****ing rear derailer at the end ot the trail, I was so pissed

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridermtb4
    yea hummingbird is technical at speed, but I broke my ****ing rear derailer at the end ot the trail, I was so pissed
    how did you do that ....it is a smooth singletrack at the end
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    I've heard about that trail on being technical. But the thing was the trail was coverd with weeds so it was very difficult seeing the terrain. My coworker has been on that trail alot so he kept insisting on going there. Peer presure
    try Chumash next time........easier trail....ride up and back......

go to the next exit.........yosemite....make a right go to the 2ed right (Flannagan) follow that around to the trail head

mtbr member
    or try the johnson road side.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Why Kill The Snake

I understand that you could hit the snake without seeing it but snakes have evolved to survive quite a bit of damage. They sometimes even survive being hit by a car. I can understand why it tried to bite, and I think you can too. It just stinks when animals have to die because we choose to ride where THEY live.

Sorry if I sound like I am preaching but I see snakes killed all summer long where I live and it sux.