Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Road and dirt recommendations....

519 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  allroy71 
#1 ·
I'll be visiting Torrance and OC during Thanksgiving for 5 days and I'm hoping to get some recommendations on both road and dirt. I'm leaning more towards road since I just started base, but more than willing to do some long dirt rides. On the road I'm hoping for something in the 75 miles range with some good elevation, and on the dirt, maybe half of the mileage. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I have some general ideas.
For road- near Torrance, any loop around the Palos Verdes peninsula that incorporates going up either Hawthorne, Crenshaw or Crest. near OC, there are Santiago Canyon, Trabuco Cyn.
If you are willing to drive, either Santa Monica mountains or San Gabriel mtns, like Glendora Mountain Road, Mt Baldy.

For off road, it will depend on our weather. Sometimes it can get wet, and most trails can be closed for 2-3 days.
For some OC suggestions check out MountainBikeBill's Mountain biking Trail Reviews, Videos and Pictures For coastal, there is El Moro/Laguna Coast Wilderness/Aliso & Wood Cyn. For more big mountain and inland, you have the Cleveland national forest AKA the Santa Ana Mts.
For any specifics, you can PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.