Thread: road cycling

mtbr member

road cycling

I'm a road cyclist as well as a mountain biker. I'm going to do the King of the mountain challenge series, well at least I plan to. I was wondering if anyone is else is interested in road races? If so would anyone be interested in doing some rides? The series are 100 plus miles races.

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    I am finishing up the Century A Month challenge. I'm on century 11 in 11 months. My November century was 145 miles from Pasadena to San Diego. 11 hours total time, not 100% of ride time, under 10 I think. I am planning on going for the CA Triple Crown next year. 3 200 mile rides in one calendar year. I am planning on signing up for the Butterfield Double in February and Solvang Double in March. Not sure what my 3rd will be, but hopefully Davis Double.

My highlight centuries this part year were the Tour de Palm Springs, Solvang Century, Cool Breeze Century, and the biggest highlight High Sierra Fall Century. I highly recommend these rides.

I'm getting back into mountain biking after mainly riding road this past year. Not sure if I will be as committed to the road once my 29er is finished.

Good luck with the King of the Mountain Challenge Series. Sounds like fun!
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity