Results 1 to 68 of 68
  1. #1
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872

    Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    I visit Yucca Valley frequently and still have not found anything exciting to ride out there. I realize that it's generally very sandy and or rocky.

    Other than dropping down to the Low Desert (Palm Springs) area to ride, does anyone know of any nice riding trails up in the high desert that are not too sandy or rocky technical?

    PM me with any secret trails please...

    'hawg

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,288
    The best trails are located in Joshua Tree NP. Unfortunately, it is currently off limits to bikes. At the moment biking is limited to paved roads and 4W dirt roads. The good news is that the park’s Backcountry and Wilderness Management Plan has designated approximately 29 miles of these trails for non-motorized bike use. The bad news is that they need congressional approval before opening it up to bikes. Not sure when that's gonna be.....

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mpmffitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    403
    Your superhuman to want to ride out there with the heat..

  4. #4
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by osmarandsara
    The best trails are located in Joshua Tree NP. Unfortunately, it is currently off limits to bikes. At the moment biking is limited to paved roads and 4W dirt roads. The good news is that the parkís Backcountry and Wilderness Management Plan has designated approximately 29 miles of these trails for non-motorized bike use. The bad news is that they need congressional approval before opening it up to bikes. Not sure when that's gonna be.....
    It will never happen. They have been saying this for over ten years. Are ANY National Parks (in Cali) Nopen to offroad mtn biking??? But thanks for your reply!

  5. #5
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by mpmffitz
    Your superhuman to want to ride out there with the heat..
    Yucca valley is in the high desert. The day temps there are almost identical to the day temps in the SF Valley, where I live. It doesn't break 100 degrees up there at 3500 feet too often. 90's is where it's at now, the norm for this time of the year. It will be HUMID, though! YUCK!

    Anyway, I wouldn't ride in the heat of the day. It'll be an early or late venture for me. Already pledged to several night rides on the dirt roads to hunt for Mojave Greens!

    Just hoping to find something fun up there to hit in the light of day.

    Thanks,
    'hawg
    p/s I will report my snake captures on this thread when I get home, heee heee...

  6. #6
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872

    Mean Joe Green!

    I didn't concentrate on riding after all. Just did my daily cardio 13 mile dirt road loop. But one evening I did find this dude crawling out of a hole from under our cabin! It's a 2 foot Mojave "Green" Rattler...
    Last edited by SCR818; 07-31-2012 at 05:56 PM.

  7. #7
    gravity challenged
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    208
    My apologies for digging up an old thread via search... But I will be in the Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree area this weekend to visit family and would definitely appreciate any local hookup for good trails in the area. Will gladly reciprocate for anyone travelling to AZ. TIA.
    Regards,
    -Brian
    - Brian

  8. #8
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by azoutside View Post
    My apologies for digging up an old thread via search... But I will be in the Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree area this weekend to visit family and would definitely appreciate any local hookup for good trails in the area. Will gladly reciprocate for anyone travelling to AZ. TIA.
    Regards,
    -Brian
    Sorry to say that there isn't much of a reason to bring your bike to the YV/JT area as far as trail riding is concerned. "Call_me_Tom" has a trail he rides out there. You may want to PM him about it.

    If you have a means of driving around then head down to Palm Springs/Cathedral City area. That area has some really good trail riding. Search on Geoladders for some trails down that way.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,023
    It's not Yucca Valley but Victorville is near by and they do have some mountain biking trails. Check out this site:

    https://sites.google.com/site/highdesertmtb/

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by wjphillips View Post
    It's not Yucca Valley but Victorville is near by and they do have some mountain biking trails. Check out this site:

    https://sites.google.com/site/highdesertmtb/
    Yucca Valley is 69 miles away from Victorville......but I guess in Cali "near by" is relative.....

  11. #11
    gravity challenged
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    208
    Hey thanks for all the responses. I'm guessing there's not much in 29 either. Guess I'll leave the bike at home... Cheers!
    - Brian

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    The high desert around Yucca Valley can be challenging for single track however there are some single track trails that are legal to ride near the national park in Joshua tree. If you head up park blvd.1 or 2 miles there is a place on the left called section 6 that the local bike shop has been building and is a fun place to ride. Call the bike shop in J.T. to get details. If you don't mind fire roads Ureaka peak from machris park in Yucca Valley is a nice ride and is the tallest peak with outstanding views of the high and low desert from the top. You start off on motor cycle and jeep roads that lead to the road to the peak and if you like a little extra climb you can hit the tower road on the way up or down and round trip is about 20 mi. Then if your really up for a longer ride the back way to Big Bear is a great ride at about 40 to 46 mi. depending on the route you take with 4000 vertical ft. of climbing. Take forest road 2NO2 from pioneer town to Big Bear and you will go from high desert to pine trees all the way to the lake. Hope this helps and never go anywhere without your bike.

  13. #13
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by fxr man View Post
    The high desert around Yucca Valley can be challenging for single track however there are some single track trails that are legal to ride near the national park in Joshua tree. If you head up park blvd.1 or 2 miles there is a place on the left called section 6 that the local bike shop has been building and is a fun place to ride. Call the bike shop in J.T. to get details. If you don't mind fire roads Ureaka peak from machris park in Yucca Valley is a nice ride and is the tallest peak with outstanding views of the high and low desert from the top. You start off on motor cycle and jeep roads that lead to the road to the peak and if you like a little extra climb you can hit the tower road on the way up or down and round trip is about 20 mi. Then if your really up for a longer ride the back way to Big Bear is a great ride at about 40 to 46 mi. depending on the route you take with 4000 vertical ft. of climbing. Take forest road 2NO2 from pioneer town to Big Bear and you will go from high desert to pine trees all the way to the lake. Hope this helps and never go anywhere without your bike.
    Thanks for the 2N02 info! Gotta check that out. I see that it branches off at Pipes Cyn. Then Burns Cyn Rd (2N02) seems to go a little ways and run into what looks like a series of residential blocks? How far up until you hit a change of geography?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    The first mile is real sandy so that part is best after a rain or just push through but then you get into pines quickly then back to mix of high desert chaparral then back to pines as that is about where the real climb begins at the bottom of the rose mines. You pass a few houses and ranches in the first six or seven miles then after that all wilderness. there are some 4x4 roads to explore on the way or you can take the 2NO1 turn off and go through juniper springs on the way to hwy 38 or just stay on 2NO2 all the way to baldwin lake on the east side of Big Bear where it is about 2 miles of road riding into Big Bear where we usually get lunch before heading back.

  15. #15
    Dirty by Nature
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,303
    ^^ Thanks for the tips! I have a rental in J. Tree, and have always been resigned to leaving the bike behind. I didn't even know they had a bike shop!
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

    Nature is not a sidewalk (I'm looking at you, MidPen).

  16. #16
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    ^^ Thanks for the tips! I have a rental in J. Tree, and have always been resigned to leaving the bike behind. I didn't even know they had a bike shop!
    Heck, let's meet out there sometime when the weather isn't extreme and do some back country dirt road riding. Call_Me_Tom would be in for that too, I'd expect.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    Well since I live in the area and have ridden these roads too many times to count. Let me know and I would be happy meet and show you where to go.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,023
    Ran across this recently. Perhaps there are some new trails to explore:

    Wildernet.com - California - Mountain Biking Guide - General Information


    Just sharing...

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: papatini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    116

    Wonder if there is any riding in Borrego Springs!

    Quote Originally Posted by azoutside View Post
    Hey thanks for all the responses. I'm guessing there's not much in 29 either. Guess I'll leave the bike at home... Cheers!
    I've seen a couple trails described on the internet, but can't be sure about the beta. Oh, and everybody be careful about this azoutside character. He's a wheelsucker, for sure.
    - Chris

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    There is quit a few places to ride in that area. According to this website (Cycling in the Park ) they claim over 500 mi. 4x4 roads and bike trails.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: papatini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    116
    man - just the beta i needed. you are indeed the man.

  22. #22
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Stopped in a Joshua Tree Bicycle Shop this weekend. Got a map of the ST up near the park entrance for future reference.

    I found out some interesting news. Apparently, the opening of over 40 miles of trails inside the park is getting close to becoming a reality. The guy in there (Tima, I think his name is?) told me that scout riders were allowed to ride the trails inside the park to determine which trails would be bike rider friendly.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    I hope the back country trail is on that list!!! Wish I knew they were doing that as I would like to have been in on that. I knew they took public input about a year ago but haven't heard anything since.

  24. #24
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Is that the long one that spans across the park?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    It starts near ureaka peak and goes south along the ridges that overlook the low desert. I have ridden to the trail head and it looks to be real nice single track.

  26. #26
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    Just an update for anyone that reads this but they are still waiting on congress.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  27. #27
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Thanks for the update!!!

  28. #28
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    NP I live out here. I am thrilled about this thread though since I am looking to expand my riding past the base. The jt bike shop is local for me and I ask to see if there have been any changes when I go in.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  29. #29
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    NP I live out here. I am thrilled about this thread though since I am looking to expand my riding past the base. The jt bike shop is local for me and I ask to see if there have been any changes when I go in.

    sent by carrier pigeon
    I go in there too every time I am in town. Those guys are great! Believe it or not I still have not ridden the ST on Onaga Trail! It seems like every time I am in YV, there's lots of other stuff going on and I just don't have the time to hit it up. Frustrated! LOL!!!

  30. #30
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    They are awesome. I picked up a project/starter bike and they really did a good job on it. I am always happy when I leave there.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  31. #31
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    They are awesome. I picked up a project/starter bike and they really did a good job on it. I am always happy when I leave there.

    sent by carrier pigeon
    How are the Onaga Trail trails?

  32. #32
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    Lol I just got my bike but so far they have been a workout with the sugar sand. Jt hooked me up with recommending the wtb werewolves and even in the 2.1 size they are a vast improvement. Trails haven't been too difficult. I'm staying away from really technical stuff as I haven't ridden in a couple years....but as they say its just like riding a bike lol.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  33. #33
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    Ok just to clarify I haven't ridden onaga yet. I am getting my helmet in this week and plan on hitting them up either in he evening or morning before it gets too hot here. I thought you were talking about the on base trails in 29 stumps for some reason. Onaga looks promising though. I will update when I get out there. Time for trail riding depends a lot on budget. I would ride out there but I think it would take me at least a couple hours to ride.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  34. #34
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Are the base trails actually on base property? I'm looking for anything anyone can share with me were trail riding is concerned out there.

  35. #35
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    Yes the ones I have ridden you would have to go through the gate to get to. They are pretty technical and really steep though. I rode them for about an hour and drained a camelbak.

    I'm planning on getting out to onaga, the radio tower, and hitting up the park hopefully in the next couple of weekends if time allows.

    The guy in jt bike shop knows every trail in the area. I know of about 4 or 5 minus the 4x4 trails in the park. Eureka peak I hear is a really good ride with around 3000ft elevation gain. Haven't been out to see it though.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    As I posted before Eureka peak and the tower road are great rides with great views of the low desert, Salton sea and the high desert. There is a decent amount of climbing but nothing too steep and the ride down is always fun. For more distance and climbing the back way to Big Bear on forest road 2N02 is a great ride that takes you into the pines and if your in good shape all the way to the lake with a round trip of 43 to 46 miles depending on the route taken.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding in Yucca Valley Area?-burns-cyn-004.jpg  


  37. #37
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    Whew that Big Bear trail is a long one. I've driven it before. Beautiful views though for sure.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  38. #38
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by fxr man View Post
    As I posted before Eureka peak and the tower road are great rides with great views of the low desert, Salton sea and the high desert. There is a decent amount of climbing but nothing too steep and the ride down is always fun. For more distance and climbing the back way to Big Bear on forest road 2N02 is a great ride that takes you into the pines and if your in good shape all the way to the lake with a round trip of 43 to 46 miles depending on the route taken.
    Thanks, I've ridden the first several miles of 2N02 but my riding buddy he didn't want to go any further. Very remote back there.

    Where's Eureka Peak and the tower road?

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Thanks, I've ridden the first several miles of 2N02 but my riding buddy he didn't want to go any further. Very remote back there.

    Where's Eureka Peak and the tower road?
    It is on the south side of yucca valley. Take Joshua ln. south from hwy 62 to Santa Barbra and go left to Machris park and and start your ride from there going east up a short steep hill and turn right at the top on a jeep road and follow for about two miles until you get to the main dirt road. Turn right to go to the peak or go across the road to start the tower climb. You can see the cell and communication towers at the top, it is a short but good climb about mile qnd a half but it is worth it for the views.

  40. #40
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by fxr man View Post
    It is on the south side of yucca valley. Take Joshua ln. south from hwy 62 to Santa Barbra and go left to Machris park and and start your ride from there going east up a short steep hill and turn right at the top on a jeep road and follow for about two miles until you get to the main dirt road. Turn right to go to the peak or go across the road to start the tower climb. You can see the cell and communication towers at the top, it is a short but good climb about mile qnd a half but it is worth it for the views.
    Thanks!!! You live in or near YV? I'm gonna be up there all weekend long with my family and I plan to get in a morning ride on Sunday in case you're interested or anyone else up there is interested? I really want to check this ride out.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    231
    I work this weekend but when I get home on Saturday I could meet up with you and show you where to go and then maybe next time your up we can get a ride in. Send me a P.M. with your contact info so I can call you on Saturday.

  42. #42
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    I will see if I can make it. Good time to show?

    sent by carrier pigeon

  43. #43
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    I will see if I can make it. Good time to show?

    sent by carrier pigeon
    To ride or to see where to catch the way to Eureka Peak?

  44. #44
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    To ride for me. I am pretty sure I know where its at.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  45. #45
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    To ride for me. I am pretty sure I know where its at.

    sent by carrier pigeon
    I need to look at it on Google maps. Pretty sure I can figure it out. My issue is that I have limited time to ride and that one may be a bit much this visit. I'd like to do Onaga, though. Are you up for that one in the morning on Sunday?

  46. #46
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    I think that could be a possibility. I would bring an extra tube with you. The thorns out there can be bad from what I hear.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  47. #47
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Cool. I ride tubeless. Thorns are no longer an issue.

  48. #48
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    I got a buddy who might be out there depending on the time on sun. We were talking about riding onaga today.

    sent by carrier pigeon

  49. #49
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    Just to toss in reviews I rode the radio tower Friday. Steep ride up but not too bad......the ride down was awesome but way to short lol.


    That's the view from the top

    sent by carrier pigeon

  50. #50
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Rode Onaga yesterday. Fun, but really sandy. You gotta be on your game there to keep it clean through the sand traps. I did the loop clockwise but it may have made more sense to do it counter clockwise. Nice to finally ride a bike trail in the area. The dirt roads and limited moto trails were getting old, LOL!

  51. #51
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416

    Re: Riding in Yucca Valley Area?

    Those sugar sand areas are killers!! I hit a couple at speed and they can get tricky. Too slow and it turns into quicksand.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

  52. #52
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    I'm hitting the single track on Onaga Trail early Friday morning in case anyone wants to join in. PM me if interested.

  53. #53
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Here's a sampling of what y'all missed. Pushed off at 6am under a beautiful sunrise.

    <iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/chunky-funky-onaga-trail-7-5-2013/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

  54. #54
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    Nice!! I might be able to shoot out that direction tomorrow to ride. Wish I could have ridden Friday but I ended up being back at 1000. It was still cool enough to put everything in the house before it got hot.

    Hand typed and Telegraphed

  55. #55
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    I'm back in the area for the Campout at Pappy's this weekend. I'd like to ride Onaga on Saturday morning if there is anything left of it considering all the Monsoon rains lately.

    Anyone know the condition of the trails out there????

    Anyone want to meet me there for a loop or 2 on Saturday morning at 7am? I'm also open to suggestions if you're willing to guide me through something else.

  56. #56
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    bump

  57. #57
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    I havent had time to get out there but the damage done in yucca wasnt nearly as bad as down in Palm springs. Sadly I cant ride tomorrow though. I gotta finish the paint job on the Truck this weekend before I lose anymore daytime heat.

    stamped and snail mailed

  58. #58
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    I rode Section 6 as planned. No damage up there to speak of where riding is concerned. I did happen upon a large dead tortoise at the trailhead which bothered me because it looked like it's head had been trampled upon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding in Yucca Valley Area?-dscn2866.jpg  


  59. #59
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    That's good news! I will be out soon enough for riding. The kid is arriving soon and I have to have the truck painted before that comes so I'm pretty single minded right now. I rode a tiny bit early yesterday at sunup but it was only about 45 min of riding.

    Beamed from my dumbphone

  60. #60
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    I rode onaga/Section 6 the past few days. Great little trail. Although todays ride was kind of crappy literally as 20 horses had cruised the trail after I left yesterday leaving large piles of manure and all the firm sand is pretty much gone now. Kind of aggrevating as there werent any hoof prints Saturday at all.

    As far as the fun rating it is a good time. Little bit technical in one of the corners but other than that pretty flowy. The trail is going to need work here soon. Just waiting on the bike shop to say when.

    stamped and snail mailed

  61. #61
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    I rode onaga/Section 6 the past few days. Great little trail. Although todays ride was kind of crappy literally as 20 horses had cruised the trail after I left yesterday leaving large piles of manure and all the firm sand is pretty much gone now. Kind of aggrevating as there werent any hoof prints Saturday at all.

    As far as the fun rating it is a good time. Little bit technical in one of the corners but other than that pretty flowy. The trail is going to need work here soon. Just waiting on the bike shop to say when.

    stamped and snail mailed
    I was almost out there in the high desert this weekend. Sometime soon again, I'm sure...

  62. #62
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    It will happen sometime. Once I figured out exactly where it is I'm only 20 minutes from the trail. My riding was a last minute thing this time around. I just had an itch to ride real bad.

    Beamed from my dumbphone

  63. #63
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    I'm back in the area again this week from Thursday through Sunday.

    Can anyone meet me to ride during that time?

    If so, please PM me to discuss the details BEFORE THIS THURSDAY, lol!

  64. #64
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    Lol man you have got bad timing. I'm leaving this weekend for Kentucky. I would if I could though

  65. #65
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Sorry to report that Section 6 is in terrible condition. I was just there in September and the trail system was just fine back then. There is evidence of some work recently done, so thanks to whoever is helping.

    There was actually a few groups of people camping up there. Is that legal?

  66. #66
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    Yes it is. I was trying to get out and help jima keep the trail up but work has been horrible in the way of time off. Hopefully soon though I should have some time to lend a hand.

  67. #67
    Two Wheeled Terror
    Reputation: Kryptoroxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    416
    Section 6 is developed further. Sadly for me I was out there testing my ghetto tubeless setup and I blew my rear tire at almost the furthest part. I think someone is out there with a pretty good climber as I could not ride the climb portions very well on the trail bike. The trail looks great though and the trail now goes through areas less travelled by horse. I am trying to get back out there to test the rest of it out.

    stamped and snail mailed

  68. #68
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    Section 6 is developed further. Sadly for me I was out there testing my ghetto tubeless setup and I blew my rear tire at almost the furthest part. I think someone is out there with a pretty good climber as I could not ride the climb portions very well on the trail bike. The trail looks great though and the trail now goes through areas less travelled by horse. I am trying to get back out there to test the rest of it out.

    stamped and snail mailed
    That's great news!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •