mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Riding Suggestions In/Around Death Valley...

i'm going to be staying in death valley for about 4 days around xmas. i'll be with my family so we plan on doing some relaxing, hiking, etc. in the area...and i'll have my camera so i'll want to tour around and take some pix.

but......since i'm down there, i'm wondering whether there is any mtn biking activity i should be availing myself of. i won't have my bike so renting will be necessary. even if it's just a nice easy jaunt around it might be a fun way to see some of the sights. any suggestions would be appreciated--both about biking as well as anything else. we will have my daughter's big, honking f150 so will be able to get around to most places.

thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'd check out Titus Canyon....awesome scenery. It's a 4x trail but great views and if you can get shuttled to the top and ride to the bottom it would be a good ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There arent going to be any single tracks......its all 4x4 trails. You might have fun, but there is a lot of soft sand out there, from what I remember.

You might be better off renting a road bike and hitting the paved roads. Thatd be cool too.

Its an awesome place, you cant go wrong.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    It's like this: Long slow sandy flogs up wide slight inclines for miles. Then you turn around.

Pretty much sums it up. Even though this sounds boring - it's Zen
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i'm not expecting the plunge or anything, with the scenery there i agree whatever i might do on the bike will be really enjoyable, especially if i can bring my big camera to really get some nice pix. is there any place to rent a bike, road or mtn?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is telescope peak trail closed to bikes? I did the hike and thought it would be a good bike trail...

mtbr member
    There are no bike rentals in or anywhere near Death Valley.
    Never give up, never surrender.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDi
    There are no bike rentals in or anywhere near Death Valley.
    i guess that kills it then, will have to stay on foot on in my daughter's f150!! it's going to be cold out there!!!

Blue Dot Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Howeler
    It's like this: Long slow sandy flogs up wide slight inclines for miles. Then you turn around.

Pretty much sums it up. Even though this sounds boring - it's Zen
    Love it.

I've never ridden out there, but have ridden in & around J-tree & the Mojave Preserve. Somehow I love the sandy flogs... sometimes nothing's better!
    I earn my living building Siren Bicycles