mtbr member

Riding partners in SLO

I started a thread in the DH forum about riding alone and came to the conclusion that I should be riding with some more people if I am venturing into more aggresive riding out in the middle of nowhere. So, I am fairly new to the DH realm, I currently have a Heckler built up on the beefy side and have been riding some of the rougher trails in SLO. I haven't ridden the real gnarly trails in the area and don't know if I ever will, but I have ridden the trails a bit harder than Morning Glory and Rockgarden. Anyone around this area that is willing to add another person to their group or looking for someone to ride with I may be game. I am 28, married, moved here 3 years ago, and can ride in the afternoons and weekends and have a truck for shuttling. PM me or keep this thread alive. I don't mind riding up either, and I have ridden to the top of the grade too many times to remember. Just looking for some fun that will push me a little and still keep a smile on my face!

trail rat
    Are you aware of the FASTA group? http://groups.google.com/group/gofasta
    They have a meeting tomorrow night at Central Coast Brew at 7:00 pm, and would be a great way to meet others. They are the ones building the skills area in the Euc Grove. They post rides on the list often.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    its my wife's b day tomorrow so I wont make the meeting, but I will check out the website.

trail rat
    At least join the FASTA mailing list to know about rides and other activities. They are ramping up to start building the skills features in the grove, now that all the red tape approvals have passed. The guys are out to Pozo and off West Cuesta for shuttles often, almost always announced on the FASTA list.
    CCCMB web - Facebook

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I was up there a week ago to pick up my son for Thanksgiving holiday. He took a friend and I up to the TV towers (via the Euc Grove and Shooters), then we descended several trails including MG. Those half built features look like they will be a blast when they get finished. That is a fantastic trail system you folks have put together up there. A little something for everybody ;~)

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    I was up there a week ago to pick up my son for Thanksgiving holiday. He took a friend and I up to the TV towers (via the Euc Grove and Shooters), then we descended several trails including MG. Those half built features look like they will be a blast when they get finished. That is a fantastic trail system you folks have put together up there. A little something for everybody ;~)
    Glad you had fun. The structures you saw will move farther into the grove, smaller things will take their place. Wonderful area we have and the support and cooperation is amazing.

Is that you in a recent post on granny gear's blog? He visited in 2008 and we rode. Tell him hi.
    CCCMB web - Facebook