Rb
    wrenchscience.com

Riding in and around Simi?

I'm not usually one to post these kinda threads since I'm a huge advocate of keeping stuff on the DL, but...

I haven't been "home" in SoCal with my bike ever since I've moved up to The Bay for college. I'm debating whether or not I should bring my bike with me when I visit my parents' down in Simi (they live right off the Lost Canyons country club). I've always assumed there were sweet trails in the area, but since I've never had my bike with me, and I'm never there for more than a week at a time, I've never bothered looking/asking.

I grew up in Oak Park and stayed there until college (at which point, my 'rents sold our grossly over-inflated house...which came about 20 feet to burning down a year later) so I know my way around the area.

I'd like to keep whatever riding I do around Simi, TO, Westlake (haha..), Agoura, Newbury, etc. I'll be riding my Banshee with a Domain... I don't mind pedaling up so long as the ride down is cool (can't imagine there's anything to shuttle...).

Drops, doubles, sketch DH, whatever, I'm down.

PM me if you wanna show me around or know some cool sh!t to ride.
    :: wrenchscience ::

mtbr member
    http://www.nrmbc.org/

The North Ranch(website above) guys have one of the more comprehensive trail sections.

If you're looking for "rogue" trails, I'm not in the know.

The Backbone trail between Kanan Rd and Corral Canyon is fun trail with some technical sections, but I haven't been on it since the fires. I believe there are some "illegal" downhill trails coming down off of Rocky Peak(as well as the legal Chumash and Hummingbird trails). "Suicide" is another one(starts near Simi Peak), that's supposed to be pretty good, but I've never ridden it.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm in the know as far as dh trails go but you need to talk to SMT to be trusted.

mtbr member
    i know of quit a few great dh/fr trails in simi/to/sanfernando area. you can pm me and we can talk or pm smt as well as he seems ot be the self proclaimed gate keeper. hahahaha.

Glad to Be Alive
    hummingbird is a great trail
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    rb, there is a ton of great riding in and around simi...
    Chumash, Hummingbird, Long Canyon (connects to Cheeseboro and a bunch of others),
    TO has Los Robles, connect it to pt. mugu sycamore canyon

Why wouldn't you bring your bike! Stop by Simi Cycling Center when you get to town and we'll schedule something (talk to Scott, Victor or Greg)
    Simi Cycling Center
    Simi's Premier Bicycle Shop, Since 1975
    Specialized, Giant and More...