I do what I want

Rides near Torrance

Working in torrance and need to find good rides in the area after work.
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.

Way
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    You'll need to drive up Crenshaw Blvd. to the top of Palos Verdes. The road ends at Del Cerro park and just a bit further is the entrance to Burma road, a fire road which leads to many trial to explore. I just started riding there myself.

mtbr member
    Just before the park there is a pathway that leads down the canyon, very single track. and continues onto the fire roads and single track below.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Approved trails are here:
    http://www.mtbpv.org/
    Portuguese Bend and Forrestal can be connected.

I do what I want
    Awesome thanks guys!! I will have to check them out. Is night riding OK out there?
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Closed at dusk!!!

This area is now part of the official parks and as such is limited in what the hours are. We used to be able to ride this area after dark, but it is frowned upon now.

Here is info on the regular group ride in the area from the SoCalTrailriders site:
    Night riders of dirt in the Palos Verdes/South Bay area. This Wednesday night ride is perfect for those who work or live locally in the South Bay/Palos Verdes area and want a weekday after work ride. Too much traffic to get to Santa Monicas on a weeknight and there is some decent stuff to ride. We'll show you where all of the multi-use trails are! Malaga Cove, meet 6:30 PM, ride at 6:40 PM. When clocks change in the spring and the days get long enough, we change location to Del Cerro Park (end of Crenshaw Blvd). Then in the Fall again when the days get short, back to Malaga Cove. Officially, we'll move the start location mid-April. Starting on April21st we'll be riding from Del Cerro.
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...te-riders.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jekyllrider
    This area is now part of the official parks and as such is limited in what the hours are. We used to be able to ride this area after dark, but it is frowned upon now.
    EVERYTHING is frowned upon there if you're on two wheels. Expect to see rude hikers, mean doggie walkers, mad horsey-back riders and a scowel on everyones face unless they are also on a bike. Everyone in PV hates bike riders for some reason?!?! Besides, the only "approved" trail is pretty much a fire road. YAY! Have a great time!
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~