mtbr member

Rides near San Clemente- suggestions?

I'm going to be working two days a week in San Clemente, and will have an ample lunch available to get a quick ride in ( 1-2 hours)

Not really familliar with what's nearby. I have ridden a couple of the obvious, like whiting ranch and San Juan Trail... but I'm wondering if there is something that would be nearby, that I could drive 15 min to... ride an hour loop, and be back at work under two hours.

any suggestions?

cz

mtbr member
    Aliso and Woods canyons. A lot of shorter quick loops to keep you happy. It would probably take about 20 minutes from the center of SC to the trail head.

Also the Laguna Wilderness. These are the trails off of Laguna Canyon Road.

I think these are your best bets.

TG

mtbr member
    Why was my post removed?

mtbr member
    here it is again...

Around Ladera Ranch and Las Flores, there's a lot of trails.

One loop I do from my house starts corner Oso parkway and Antonio parkway.
    Park in the strip mall (a few restaurants for a bite afterward).
    Go up Oso, for about 1/2 mile. past Meandering Trail, stay on the right side sidewalk, when you get to a deer crossing sign, take the trail up on the right. It takes you to the ridge.

Follow the ridge until you get to a big lump of dirt in the middle of the trail, right after, turn right to a singletrack going down toward the firehouse. mid-way it forks take a left (going right takes you in the oak trees with nice natural jumps but it kind of dead ends, so you need to hike out). either way, you end up by the fire station.

Take Antonio right toward Oso. After you cross the bridge under construction, cross the road.
    Just before the green metal fence, there is a trail on the left, it is called Waterworks. take the new trail with the switchback, cross the wood bridge and continue down. The trail goes through the woods for about a mile then ends on a dirt road. Go right, before Oso, take the concrete road back to the parking lot.

it's a 5 mile of fun, I often do the second part 2-3 times

http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=6706