Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ride report no name between chumash/Las LLajas

892 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 · (Edited)
No Name trail

First off getting to the fun stuff sucks right now. The trail needs some TLC....mostly just clearing weeds on the side of trail. The trail isn't too dusty...mostly fun little rock bumps.
Bring a camera, there are some nice views.

The only reason why you ride this trail is the steep stuff and scenic views. The trail really doesn't have a good flow. Bring the guys and let testosterone battles begin....steep stuff is really fun, but it is not hard....just lean back and let her rip. All the steep stuff is easily done. The worst one is right at the beginning but after that they get easier and easier. I was riding 2.0 tires ....Nothing as steep as the "Dirty Bird" shoot. Trail was surprisely not as loose as it should be for this time of year. Probably because not enough guys ride it.

Watch out for the jumps...if you hit them at speed your tire just gets buried.....Jumps are too soft.

Overall....It is ok to ride once or twice a year as a change of pace but overall the other trails in the area are way better to go down.

#2 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
....Nothing as steep as the "Dirty Bird" shoot. Trail was surprisely not as loose as it should be for this time of year. Probably because not enough guys ride it.

Watch out for the jumps...if you hit them at speed your tire just gets buried.....Jumps are too soft....
The DB shoot is just like a steep driveway :thumbsup:
I do not think those "jumps" are for you to jump, just a few wind blown mounds of dirt.

Cheers BB, thanks. Did you go up LL or by way of Rocky Peak, or perhaps you hoofed up it from the bottom?

#5 ·
DBD - it was good to put a face with an MTBR board member @ our Cannondale demo day a couple weeks ago - sorry your wife/girlfriend didn't get out on a Rize (unfortunately not everyone is respectful enough to keep the test rides to <= 45min...). Next time - hit me up and I'll try to set something aside...

G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.