mtbr member

Ride recommendation near SD?

Hi all!

I will be in San Diego in about a week and a half, and am looking for some trail recommendations. I have been there a few times before, and have ridden Mission and Noble Canyon. We rode Noble both up and then down, no shuttles here! Anyway looking for maybe something new to try. The longer and more technical the better. Thanks in advance!

Mark

mtbr member
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

mtbr member
    May 2006

Try this:

http://mountainbikebill.com/

Pretty comprehensive list of San Diego trails.

Cuyamaca Rancho and Anderson Truck Trail are my personal favorites. This question pops up a lot in this forum, hence the sound of crickets. Good luck and enjoy sd!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

master blaster
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet ht
    http://mountainbikebill.com/

Pretty comprehensive list of San Diego trails.

Cuyamaca Rancho and Anderson Truck Trail are my personal favorites. This question pops up a lot in this forum, hence the sound of crickets. Good luck and enjoy sd!
    +1
    daley ranch has alot of climbing loops also. (north sd)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the site sweet ht. I thought I knew of most of the trails in the SD area, but there's a lot of smaller, less well-known ones that look worth checking out.

mtbr member
    May 2006

No problemo!

Quote Originally Posted by nugzboltz
    Thanks for the site sweet ht. I thought I knew of most of the trails in the SD area, but there's a lot of smaller, less well-known ones that look worth checking out.
    Mountain Bike Bill did a phenomenal job putting this together.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Hi.
    Daley Ranch is fun, but I don't think it's on the same level as Noble (it makes a good half-day ride.) I also recommend Cuyamaca Rancho, or you can try to do the Big Laguna Trail or Laguna to Noble loop.

If you're feeling ambitious and if the weather permits, you can always take a quick trip up to Orange County or Idyllwild....Probably 1.5-2 hours each way, but definitely worth the drive.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    You can find San Diego group rides every weekend, and at least a couple of nights a week, on Dirttreaders.com. MTBR is a great site, but for local San Diego rides you can't beat DT. Post up when you get in town, or just log on and find a ride.