mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Another Ride Offer: SART - 5/16/2013

Looking to ride SART tomorrow. If interested, please post up ASAP. We will have a great time. Probably ride from Post Office to at least Glass Road. Beginners are welcome too.

Thank you,
    Last edited by trmn8er; 05-15-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Updated for next week

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I wish I could go! Had a blast on our last ride up there.
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    I wish I could go! Had a blast on our last ride up there.
    Yea Joe me too. You are super cool to ride with. We need to get back out soon! Let me know when your boss is ready, and we can pick a date. I'll make it happen as long as I have some notice 2 weeks or so).

BMF
    Oct 2007
    If you do this again please post again - today didn't work out for me but I've been wanting to drive up from San Diego to ride SART for a long time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristatos View Post
    If you do this again please post again - today didn't work out for me but I've been wanting to drive up from San Diego to ride SART for a long time.
    I did not end up riding SART today as originally planned. Joe and I just did it last week, and since nobody posted up, I just rode Chino Hills today. I may ride it this next week, either Wednesday May 1, or Thursday May 2, a week from today. Even though I have ridden this quite a bit alone, I will say it is safer with another rider, so if you are wanting to ride SART and can do either Wednesday or Thursday this coming week, I am game as long as the person is interested in a mild pace. If that fits you well, hit me up ASAP as I need to plan a little in advance.

I am not fast, nor am I looking to chase a downhill rider all day, just a nice fun pace. Last time I did that ride (2 weeks ago) I bonked hard up the last fire road, and walked some of it. Last week, Joe and I did to Glass Road and back, and I was feeling stronger, and rode the whole thing at a much quicker pace too. I am thinking of doing Post Office to South-Fork and back again, which takes some commitment at my fitness level. It's 28 miles and 3323 foot gain, so carry food and plenty of water AND electrolytes. About the only two things I can guarantee to someone wanting to ride it for the first time, is you will have a great time, and I will not get you lost, as I know the trails up there pretty well. If some exposure bothers you, this ride may not be for you. Now who is interested?

BMF
    Oct 2007
    trmn8er sounds good to me, both those days are clear for me as of now - I'll tune in next week and see if you're riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Good job!

trmn8er sounds good to me, both those days are clear for me as of now - I'll tune in next week and see if you're riding.
    Hey Kristatos. Almost a certainty if you are game. I would say let's plan on it barring anything crazy coming up. I just needed to know someone was wanting to ride. PM me if you have any questions or ideas, but I'm about 90% in at this point. Anyone else?

mtbr member

Re: Ride Offer SART - Updated Dates

Anybody riding SART this Saturday 4/27?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    check with Caltrans before going. 38 is closed at Angelus Oaks and Onyx Smmit due to a gasoline spill. Not sure where you would be starting from.

mtbr member
    Doing the PO to South Fork on Monday morning (4/29). Weather should be great. Let me know what the trail conditions are like, if you will. I suspect its going to be awesome.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    Doing the PO to South Fork on Monday morning (4/29). Weather should be great. Let me know what the trail conditions are like, if you will. I suspect its going to be awesome.
    Are you doing out and back or shuttle? Have a great ride!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

I'm riding! Are u going for sure? Please post up so I can plan for sure. Otherwise I may stay more local, but would prefer SART!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Hey second request. If you're going pm me ASAP. Have not heard back from you. Thx.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Looking to ride SART tomorrow Thursday 5/16/2013. If interested, please post up ASAP. We will have a great time. Probably ride from Post Office to at least Glass Road. Beginners are welcome too.

Thank you,

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Checked out some youtube videos of SART and looks like awesome ride! About how many miles? And yeah it looks little hairy to just go by yourself. Happy Trails
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan1113 View Post
    Checked out some youtube videos of SART and looks like awesome ride! About how many miles? And yeah it looks little hairy to just go by yourself. Happy Trails
    Depends how far in you go. You can make it easy or hard. I usually do at least Glass Road and back, 17 miles. SouthFork is 28 miles round trip with lots of climbing. There are riders who do Loch Leven to SouthFork and back, and log like 50 miles but they are superhuman. Wanna ride it tomorrow? And I do ride it by myself all the time. Having said that, its safer with a riding partner.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Can't ride tomorrow because will probably be sleeping all day...(GRAVEYARD SHIFT) Don't think my rickety HT will make it....waiting on my FS bike i ordered at Cyclery USA Desert terrain fun but gets boring to do it all the time...
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Was reading some other threads and now i know what to pack!
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Sart can certainly be ridden on a hardtail lol.
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yup. No problem riding it with a Hardtail at all. Matter of fact, probably faster on the climbs. My body is too tired to ride it on a Hardtail, but it could easily be done. ;-)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Once i replace my coil fork that's acting up i'll break out the HT Beat the hell out of my bike the last 10 months on terrain it probably shouldn't have been on....Main reason i bought a new bike!
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    +1. Its actually a great ride for rigid SS as well. Just did this Tuesday. Bring enough water and food though. Weather is currently great for this ride.