mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ride Invite: This Saturday

If any of you guys are interested I have a group ride(8 so far) going on this Saturday 6/26 on the northside of Angeles National Forest. It will start up near South Fork camprground near Devils Punchbowl. We will climb up Rock Creek Rd then up the fire road to Vincent Gap. Then we'll climb another fire road to Jackson Lake. We will then climb singletrack to a fire road that will take us past Grassy Hollow to Inspiration Point.We'll then do Blue Ridge and return to Vincent Gap and descend the Manzanita Trail to South Fork campground. It will be a moderate to fast paced ride. It will be epic.

Let me know if you're interested.

OTBMBC.COM

MAP
    Last edited by mtbski; 06-25-2004 at 01:38 PM. Reason: correction on date

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    If any of you guys are interested I have a group ride(8 so far) going on this Saturday 6/26 on the northside of Angeles National Forest. It will start up near South Fork camprground near Devils Punchbowl. We will climb up Rock Creek Rd then up the fire road to Vincent Gap. Then we'll climb another fire road to Jackson Lake. We will then climb singletrack to a fire road that will take us past Grassy Hollow to Inspiration Point.We'll then do Blue Ridge and return to Vincent Gap and descend the Manzanita Trail to South Fork campground. It will be a moderate to fast paced ride. It will be epic.

Let me know if you're interested.

OTBMBC.COM

MAP
    Sounds like the ride would be a blast. Unfortunately, I promised my wife that I would take my son to a birthday party. Let me know when you do another.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I don't know where any of those trails are but they sound good. I live in Westwood so if it's not too far away I may be interested. How long is this ride? I usually do between 10-20 miles/ride. If it's much longer than that I'd be afraid I'd slow you down too much.

Andre

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Saturday ride

Quote Originally Posted by scouttwo
    I don't know where any of those trails are but they sound good. I live in Westwood so if it's not too far away I may be interested. How long is this ride? I usually do between 10-20 miles/ride. If it's much longer than that I'd be afraid I'd slow you down too much.
    Andre
    This bad boy is at least an hour away from you. The trail head is just outside of Palmdale. Yes this is an MTB ride! I'm driving in from Costa Mesa(by the beach!). If you're slower there is a slow group starting at 7:30 am. There is also an opportunity to cut the Jackson Lake climb out if you get worked by the faster paced riders. If you're interested check the link above for more info. There's a ride line that you can call and leave a message on. You can also go the message board on that site and leave a post to see if anyone from your area is going. I know of one guy driving in from Granada Hills. You'll have to act fast though.

You can also pm me with your number and I'll call you back.

Later

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Cool. You've got a pm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ride recap

This ride was awesome. We did 5,700'+ of climbing, 31.5 miles distance with a 4:16min ride time.

We started on Rock Creek Rd by SouthFork campground and topped out at over 7,300' elevation over by Mtn High Ski Resort and Jackson Flat. It was epic, this ride included fireroads and singletrack. All variety of singletrack was represented including buffed smooth, sandy and rocky singletrack. The weather was perfect and the views were spectactular! Mt Baden Powell beckonned us. Scouttwo showed up and kicked some but on this ride.

Next time I have a ride worthy of making a fuss about I'll post an invite.
    Attached Images Attached Images