mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Relocating to Pasadena soon!

I'm throwing the woman, dog and bikes in the jeep and driving to SoCal from beautiful central New Jersey!!!
    Leased a place in pasadena
    anyone have good websites for trail reviews for the pasadena area?
    thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Lots were burnt out in the fire, look north from Thousand Oaks to Simi Valley.. Damn, NJ to Ca in a jeep

suspension whore
    large amount of great mountain riding right above Pasadena in the SanGabriels.
    Technical, exposed rocky descents, long fire road climbs.... Unfortunately most is closed right now due to last Fall's fire but hopefully opening up later this year????
    PM me when you get into town, I live at the base of Mt Lowe, just above pasadena.
    search JPL, el Prieto, brown mountain, Merrils, sunset ridge, Chantry Flats, lower winter creek, sturdavont trail, cherry canyon.
    Intense 6.6..... Demo 9.

Mammoth MTN downhilling - check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_m_pb0Ns0

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hey, welcome in advance. Pasadena and Altadena have some of the best local riding in SoCal, certainly the best in LA. Unfortunately, you missed the pre-burn sweetness of the San Gabriel range, but lots of stuff is unburned and still open, with many post-burn areas set to reopen late in the year. You're welcome to PM me when you're in town; looks like I live not far from Matthew.

BTW, if you've got a road bike too, you'll find some seriously world-class mountain road riding in Malibu, which isn't far.

As a stoke photo, here's a shot from March 2006, on a ride out my front door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Relocating to Pasadena soon!-lowe.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    XC or DH?

official eMpTyBRain
    You'll also have the Santa Monica mtn range to romp around on. Great rails there, too.

I sometimes use GeoLadders for trail info...

http://www.geoladders.com/routes.php
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation