Thread: Refugio

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Refugio

Looking to camp at Refugio this weekend with the family. Any good rides? Don't mind driving 15 minutes. I did see there were the Goleta Caves, but that was a pretty short ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Do a search on here for santa barbara rides... There are a number of rides around here that are fun.. One of my favs is little pine.. Probably about a 30min drive from where you are.. the ride is about 22 miles -- fire road up with a fun single track down.. makes you earn those beers .. There is also some rides out by lompoc--- havnt ridden them but heard there is some fun stuff out there..

mtbr member

Refugio

Trespass trail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Over the Hill
    Nobody will know where trespass trail is just by saying it. Private property anyway. That's why it's not listed on any guides or local lists.

Check out:

SBMTV Trail Wiki

Mountain Biking The Santa Barbara Independent

Elings Park off Las Positas Rd in SB has some nice single track routes and great views.

mtbr member
    google trespass trail gaviota and tell me what you find. He said he doesn't mind driving 15 minutes. He is not getting to Elings in 15 minutes.

Over the Hill
    I must be thinking about another route that was named Trespass by my old friend and former Santa Barbara resident Ken Beach, a custom frame builder. It was closer to Goleta. I did the search you suggested, and all the results came up as hiking trails. Not a mention of it even on the SB Mountainbike Trail Volunteers site, which lists and maintains all the local mtb trails. And, there are NO segments or maps or routes on both Strava and MapMy Ride for trespass.
    Last edited by Club Mud; 04-12-2013 at 03:27 PM.

mb_
    mtbr member
    Last time (only time) I attempted Trespass trail I determined it should be renamed Tickville trail. It was super infested with ticks.