Cracker-magnon

Redbox to JPL.... post storm

We rode the Gab from Redbox to JPL yesterday, and while for the most part the trail is in good condition, there are some places in really bad shape. In particular, the section from Oakwilde to climb around the falls is really torn up, so this will affect you if you decide to ride Burton as well. There are only a few sections of the trail left and the stream route has changed quite a bit. A LOT of water passed through the whole route, moving extremely large amounts of material. Just thought I would post this as an FYI
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

widebody
    Mar 2004
    gpssr, How long did it take to do the red box to jpl ride? I rode it a long while back like 10+ years( pre suspension days) and can't remember how long it took?.(getting old) I think it was like 2... no 3 hours? Living in OC now so I'm trying to decide how much time is needed to do this ride....and somehow work out how to get dropped off at redbox so you don't have to add the 30 min to go get the car when finished. Time is at a premium when the wife and 3 kiddies are waiting at home. Thanks, John

Cracker-magnon
    It usually takes up to 3 hours, even with stopping for some pics. I think It could be done in closer to 2 if you do not stop to play on stuff, etc., and just motor through it. It took us close to 5 Sunday. We had someone that had never been there, and it was a more technical ride than they were used to. Between that and navigating some storm damage on foot, and a whole bunch of picture stops, really pushed up the time.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]