mtbr member

Red Devil Trail @ Flightline

A little gnarly trail above bridges trail, starts off easy with a tiny ladder ramp then progressively up to a super size one with a five foot face drop to a long transistion. I can only do the first one and the middle single huck and maybe the drop some day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtdbike; 04-10-2004 at 08:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Next is some loose berms then a nasty ten foot gap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Merrrrjig
    Jan 2004
    If someone could post directions id love to go tomarow! Looks way fun. Is there anything else like that at flightline? If so could you post pics. Thanks

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

directions

Quote Originally Posted by merrrrjig
    If someone could post directions id love to go tomarow! Looks way fun. Is there anything else like that at flightline? If so could you post pics. Thanks
    to Flightline, not specifically to the trail in question.

interstate 5 to Palomar Airport Road. Take PA Rd. East for a few miles to El Camino Real. Turn Left (north) on El Camino. Take notice of the dirt road on your right about a hundred feet North of PA Rd. Park in one of the business centers on your right.

take the dirt road and look for a trail on your left. take it and then explore.

check out http://www.mountainbikebill.com for a detailed map, but we had the map last time and still got lost. there's a ton of trails out htere and they just sort of wind their way around the piece of land.

YR

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdbike
    A little gnarly trail above bridges trail, starts off easy with a tiny ladder ramp then progressively up to a super size one with a five foot face drop to a long transistion. I can only do the first one and the middle single huck and maybe the drop some day.
    One thing about Flightline you can always count on is that is going to change. I have yet to go out there and not find something new!

Bill

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdbike
    I've rolled up to that drop several times, each time w/o the cajones to roll it.

I know mtdbike has seen this, but if anyone who rides here can please visit www.preservecalavera.org they are trying to keep not only Calavera open but the Flightline area as well. Here's a link to another Flightline posting about preserving the area Help Save Flightline and Calaveras

See y'all during the week at lunch.

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Where exactly at Flightline are these hits and such?

Hey man- tell me where these are please. I was out there today looking for them and couldn't find them. All I found was that crappy, crappy jump/huck/drop thing that was poorly concieved, badly thought out, ill constructed, and just generally a hazard down by the creek bridge. I hope that wasn't you who built that.

I'm moving to exactly east of Flightline on July 7- right by the gate parking area at the end of the dirt road. I'm fully into digging, cutting, and building if you're interested. Get in touch with me. I have a TON of wood too. Talk to ya all soon.

Peace-
    STAN

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation Principle
    Hey man- tell me where these are please. I was out there today looking for them and couldn't find them. All I found was that crappy, crappy jump/huck/drop thing that was poorly concieved, badly thought out, ill constructed, and just generally a hazard down by the creek bridge. I hope that wasn't you who built that.

I'm moving to exactly east of Flightline on July 7- right by the gate parking area at the end of the dirt road. I'm fully into digging, cutting, and building if you're interested. Get in touch with me. I have a TON of wood too. Talk to ya all soon.

Peace-
    STAN
    I was there two weeks ago and all of the wood ramps had been hucked to the bottom of the drop off. You will need to be into building to ride those at this point.
    The dirt jumps are still there but everything else including the plastic ramps had been jacked up.