Thread: Record rainfall

Glad to Be Alive

Record rainfall

or lack there of.......3.21 inches will be the driest ever
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    or lack there of.......3.21 inches will be the driest ever
    Good. I was in Massachusettes last week, and it rained 5 inches in one night! 3.21 inches of rain is the reason I live in this piece.

mtbr member
    Did you get to ride? I shipped my bike back there two years ago and had an absolute blast.

Quote Originally Posted by brendancahill
    Good. I was in Massachusettes last week, and it rained 5 inches in one night! 3.21 inches of rain is the reason I live in this piece.

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    No. I was supposed to, but a Nor'Easter* rolled in the day arrived, and it was 35-40 degrees with pouring rain. Not my idea of a good time! Where have you ridden out there?

*For those of you not familar with the brutal weather systems of New England, a Nor'Easter is a killer coastal storm that comes down and destroys all the beach house in New England once or twice or year. Here's a few pics I took last week, count your San Diego blessings!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I forgot some of the names of the places, but remember riding Lennox Forrest area and Otis. If I had to ride Otis everyday for the rest of my life, I would not complain.

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Really? Although I grew up there, my riding experience has been limited to the west coast. I'd imagine it's pretty flat right?

Glad to Be Alive
    No. I was supposed to, but a Nor'Easter* rolled in the day arrived, and it was 35-40 degrees with pouring rain. Not my idea of a good time! Where have you ridden out there?

*For those of you not familar with the brutal weather systems of New England, a Nor'Easter is a killer coastal storm that comes down and destroys all the beach house in New England once or twice or year. Here's a few pics I took last week, count your San Diego blessings!
    that second pic with all the houses gone is amazing

the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    that second pic with all the houses gone is amazing

Yup... completely washed out! Only those rocks remain

BH1
    mtbr member
    I moved to SoCal from the northeast for the sunny skies, year-round riding, warm temps and lack of rain as well....But this little amount of rain effects a lot more that your tan.

Wild fires are almost guaranteed to get out of controll, our trails suffer, the hard packed hillsides will become brittle and when it does rain there will be mud-slides, drought....the list goes on.

mtbr member
    The climbs are quick by steep w/rocks and roots. The soil is really grippy, the single track is crazy tight. And the single track, there is just tons of it.

Really? Although I grew up there, my riding experience has been limited to the west coast. I'd imagine it's pretty flat right?