Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Raptor Ridge

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  luvdabeach2001 
#1 ·
I have ridden Raptor Ridge, east of Hodges, a few times. I really enjoy the climb but hate the ride to the base. I have gone two different ways from Sunset drive. One out Mule Hill trail the other out Highland Valley single track and then Highland Valley road. Both suck! does anyone know of a better launching point to ride Raptor Ridge? Can you park off Bandy Canyon road legally and ride up and over from the east side? Suggestions appreciated.

#5 ·
The eastern trailhead is off 78 on Bandy Canyon Rd. just past the bridge on the right hand side. It is a big gravel parking lot. The trail is mostly single track, easy to follow and ride. It skirts the orange groves the farms and eventually you will climb up to Raptor Ridge. However the climb from the east side is much easier (relatively) than the west side. A fun ride is to start at Sunset/Mule Hill go climb Raptor, descend the east side and ride to the Bandy Canyon trailhead I just described, turn around and ride back to Sunset.

#7 ·
A fun ride is to start at Sunset/Mule Hill go climb Raptor, descend the east side and ride to the Bandy Canyon trailhead I just described, turn around and ride back to Sunset.
Sort of what I was thinking but in reverse, start in the east side and go up and over then back up and over, but cut the dull Mule hill trail out completely.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Rode Raptor over and back from the Highland Valley lot yesterday. It is 3 miles to the backside of Raptor from the lot, do I rode out the trail another mile to Bandy Canyon road.
Riding both sides of Raptor was great but the mileage is still low so I rode up Old Coach Trail for a ways until I hit the paved hill. I ended up with 9.5 miles.

The 8 mile rode from the lot and back was a good workout, I may consider riding the east side twice to increase the workout. Who knows someday I may ride both sides twice.

Here is my complete route.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

#14 ·
Rode Raptor over and back from the Highland Valley lot yesterday. It is 3 miles to the backside of Raptor from the lot, do I rode out the trail another mile to Bandy Canyon road.
Riding both sides of Raptor was great but the mileage is still low so I rode up Old Coach Trail for a ways until I hit the paved hill. I ended up with 9.5 miles.

The 8 mile rode from the lot and back was a good workout, I may consider riding the east side twice to increase the workout. Who knows someday I may ride both sides twice.

Here is my complete route.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Somebody needs a day job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.