• 12-17-2012
    Scott forty G.
    Rainy days are perfect for riding in San DIego
    <iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a_iK1SVkcZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 12-17-2012
    SoCal-Rider
    Thanks for sharing. Can you say where it is?

    Doesn't look like there is much room for error on that trail.
  • 12-20-2012
    Carloswithac
    Where the heck is this? Guessing De Anza Borrego desert?
  • 12-20-2012
    Howeler
    I will say this:

    It certainly is the most perfect cycling trail I've ever seen out there!
  • 12-20-2012
    SoCalAl
    C'mon, fess up! Where is this at?
  • 12-20-2012
    John Kuhl
    Such a tease.
  • 12-20-2012
    ajdonner
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SoCalAl View Post
    C'mon, fess up! Where is this at?

    Bust out your decoder ring; the answer is in the thread.

  • 12-20-2012
    Epicrider
  • 12-20-2012
    65mph12
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Howeler View Post

    It certainly is the most perfect cycling trail I've ever seen out there!

    Haha, I see what you did there :D
  • 12-20-2012
    007
    Making assumptions gets nowhere. Post deleted with apologies to OP.
  • 12-20-2012
    Scott forty G.
    Alpines Finest and hardest beer to acquire is yours....
    if you can guess the trail and uhm no, this is not the PCT trail. A growler is yours to keep.



    Part Deux.

    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LIOzQ6doSq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 12-20-2012
    CHUM
    To reiterate - this is not the PCT....

    Sorry for the hiccup Scott, my bad.

    - CHUM
  • 12-20-2012
    Scott forty G.
    It's all good Nick. I hope all is good in your neck of the woods (my 2nd home). Thanks for all the hard work!

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    To reiterate - this is not the PCT....

    Sorry for the hiccup Scott, my bad.

    - CHUM

  • 12-20-2012
    ajdonner
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    if you can guess the trail and uhm no, this is not the PCT trail. A growler is yours to keep.

    Shoot my bad. Sounded like Howeler knew the spot.

    SFG,
    How'd the most recent trail day on Cold Spring go? More brushing or tread work?
  • 12-20-2012
    007
    Coyote Canyon, Alcoholic Pass?
  • 12-21-2012
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    very cool
  • 12-21-2012
    Scott forty G.
    All good Aaron

    As far as Cold Springs, we cleared about 100 or so yards of jungle 2 weeks ago and this weekend, we'll be working on tread work since the ground is nice and moist.

    It was also freezing when we started....

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ajdonner View Post
    Shoot my bad. Sounded like Howeler knew the spot.

    SFG,
    How'd the most recent trail day on Cold Spring go? More brushing or tread work?

  • 12-24-2012
    Scott forty G.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by oo7 View Post
    coyote canyon, alcoholic pass?

    nope!
  • 12-25-2012
    socal_jack
    The rocks in some spots look more like the old valley of the moon trail, haven't been out there in so long hard to say.
  • 12-25-2012
    Scott forty G.
    Valley of the Moon is fun and also a great ride in the winter. Lot's of rocks to play around as well.

    Unfortunately, this isn't VOTM. This place is in the Anza Borrego area.:thumbsup:
  • 12-25-2012
    11053
    c.r.h.t.
  • 12-25-2012
    socal_jack
    Hmmm, also looks like some of the old 4x4 trails/mine roads off the s22 that are pretty much just hiking now, Pinyon/Wilson area maybe.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    Valley of the Moon is fun and also a great ride in the winter. Lot's of rocks to play around as well.

    Unfortunately, this isn't VOTM. This place is in the Anza Borrego area.:thumbsup:

  • 12-25-2012
    wjphillips
    Is this grapevine near Ranchita? (in the mountains just above Borrego Springs)
  • 12-26-2012
    11053
    Where's my growler?
    If the trail name isn't enough, I can state the start and end point locations for this drop.
  • 12-26-2012
    Scott forty G.
    Very Nice Norman!!!

    You gonna be riding in the Cuyamacas or Lagunas anytime soon? I can hook up with you then and i'll give you a growler.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Norman Clydesdale View Post
    Where's my growler?
    If the trail name isn't enough, I can state the start and end point locations for this drop.

  • 12-26-2012
    soundguysean
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Norman Clydesdale View Post
    Where's my growler?
    If the trail name isn't enough, I can state the start and end point locations for this drop.

    Dang, I might even sport you another Growler for that info! How's that for a first post?
  • 12-26-2012
    11053
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    Very Nice Norman!!!

    You gonna be riding in the Cuyamacas or Lagunas anytime soon? I can hook up with you then and i'll give you a growler.

    I haven't ridden in the AB/SD area in years and I rarely make it down there these days.
    However, bring that growler north to the Mammoth area and I'll show you rides with 5k-7k of descending that offer similar adventure to those who posses an elastic interpretation of "trail."
  • 12-26-2012
    11053
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by soundguysean View Post
    Dang, I might even sport you another Growler for that info! How's that for a first post?

    Might?
    Where's the commitment?

    Without the guarantee of free beer, I am unable to declare it the best first post in the history of mtbr, but rest assured it will always be special to me.
  • 12-26-2012
    ajdonner
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Norman Clydesdale View Post
    I'll show you rides with 5k-7k of descending that offer similar adventure to those who posses an elastic interpretation of "trail."

    This sounds awesome!
  • 12-26-2012
    Mazukea
    Awesome video! I wish we had trails like that on the Big Island.
  • 12-27-2012
    Scott forty G.
    I'm gonna have to take you up on that Man. That sounds great!

    PM me your address and i'll FedEx overnight you a growler of Alpine Beer. Just make to return my growler back!

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Norman Clydesdale View Post
    I haven't ridden in the AB/SD area in years and I rarely make it down there these days.
    However, bring that growler north to the Mammoth area and I'll show you rides with 5k-7k of descending that offer similar adventure to those who posses an elastic interpretation of "trail."

  • 12-27-2012
    SoCal-Rider
    This is the second mention of the CR&HT in Anza-Borrego in the last month. Since it is legal, any additional info on trail and start location would be appreciated. Not like this trail is going to be overrun with riders. It takes a certain kind to enjoy trails out there. :)
  • 12-28-2012
    Epicrider
    Trail Info

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by yfz_duner View Post
    This is the second mention of the CR&HT in Anza-Borrego in the last month. Since it is legal, any additional info on trail and start location would be appreciated. Not like this trail is going to be overrun with riders. It takes a certain kind to enjoy trails out there. :)